P4P Buy USA Fly UK Warranty not valid?

Reaction score
I purchased a P4P from USA, crashed it, told that the warranty was not valid in he UK. Is this true?

As a separate incident I took a month old P4P to Quadcopters.co.uk in Lancashire, England for repair. That same evening they were burgled and one of the items stolen was my P4P. Now they are saying that their insurance says that they must not replace it with a new one. Has anyone else been in this situation in the UK?

I purchased a P4P from USA, crashed it, told that the warranty was not valid in he UK. Is this true?

As a separate incident I took a month old P4P to Quadcopters.co.uk in Lancashire, England for repair. That same evening they were burgled and one of the items stolen was my P4P. Now they are saying that their insurance says that they must not replace it with a new one. Has anyone else been in this situation in the UK?
No, it won't be valid in the U.K. AFAIK, no manufacturer of any goods or service provide world-wide warranties, just world-wide exclusions! Warranties are always regionalised due to differing country regulations. The U.K. has a set of pretty much the worlds strongest consumer laws.
Also, if it was your fault that ended up "crashing it", it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyway.
As for the retailer basically stating they are not liable for customer goods on their premises, that will be a flat out lie; their business liability insurance will cover that (if they had it of course) but if they do, they may well have a like-for-like replacement clause in their policy in which case they're correct. Go and speak to Trading Standards in your area - they will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I agree with numone, the company is trying to wriggle out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it themselves. By law they have to replace it. Theres a few things you can do

1) ask to see the CCTV footage
2) let them know you will have to get the police involved and they would want to see the footage
3) if they "don't" have CCTV chances are it was a cover up
4) court action will get them to pay up

I take it your American? If that's the case then I bet they are hoping your on holiday and will just forget about it and go home.

Don't let them get away with it. I hope you have a receipt too as you can use that as evidence. Sorry to hear about this. But by UK law any established company has to have insurance so you will be paid out. Don't let them fool you.

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures