P4 RC not charging...apparently. Recommend a repair shop?

Reaction score
After over a year of inactivity, I busted out the P4. Charged all my batteries, the iPad, updated Go4. Started doing the firmware update on the drone, but I noticed my controller beeping annoyingly and showing only one white LED on the battery meter. No problem, I'll charge it overnight.

This morning....still one light.

So, being semi-proactive, I jump online and sure enough I find a lot of posts about a possible issue with a circuit board connection that prevents the RC from showing a good charge (despite the fact that it has one) via the app or LEDs. Something called "reflowing" seems to be the fix, but I don't have the tools or frankly the confidence in my skillset to fix it. I do have money though. LOL

Is there any place in particular that can address this? I shot off a message to Dronefly and Ohio Drone Repair (thanks to a thread found here!). Ohio is a lot closer to me than Cali. Any others?

After over a year of inactivity, I busted out the P4. Charged all my batteries, the iPad, updated Go4. Started doing the firmware update on the drone, but I noticed my controller beeping annoyingly and showing only one white LED on the battery meter. No problem, I'll charge it overnight.

This morning....still one light.

So, being semi-proactive, I jump online and sure enough I find a lot of posts about a possible issue with a circuit board connection that prevents the RC from showing a good charge (despite the fact that it has one) via the app or LEDs. Something called "reflowing" seems to be the fix, but I don't have the tools or frankly the confidence in my skillset to fix it. I do have money though. LOL

Is there any place in particular that can address this? I shot off a message to Dronefly and Ohio Drone Repair (thanks to a thread found here!). Ohio is a lot closer to me than Cali. Any others?
Easy to open remote up--could try first unplugging battery and then plug it back in,sometimes makes it work again,,if that fails you can get these replacement batterys,if the new batt not charge in remote then it's a board but I think the batt has just given up from sitting (shame on you for not flying),,,hope this help a bit,,,sorry about the price on the battery
20180905_003214.jpg
Screenshot_20180905-003131.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24