P4 Newest Firmware Question ?

Reaction score
Hea Guy's,
I turned on my P4 the other day and of course the Go 4 app says new firmware up date, then says you can switch the firmware back if the new Firmware causes any problems, My P4 is perfect with it's current firmware, so I cancelled the update. I have read about people here having problems with there P4 after this new firmware update, So I don't have to update it, do I ? I read the new update limits the speed and possibly it's distance and such. My view seems to be If it's not broken Don't FIX IT.
Anyone have any opinions for this?
Thanks Guy's Your all the best !
SteveP55

Retired Air Force here....Thank you for your service...I have a P4. I have received all the same messages, however, the upgrade, in my understanding, was for P4Ps and others. P4s were not included, but we did get the message. I went to Assistant 2, and plugged my Phantom 4 into the computer. The new firmware was not available to me. It said that my firmware was good. 01.02.0602. I have been flying via the DJI Go App. So far, all is well. If you know anything different, please let me know.

P.S. There are a lot of threads on this specific topic. It was hot at first, now it is on a low simmer.

Good luck, "Steve"........

Reactions: SteveP55
Thanks Craig H,
I appreciate your input, so I'll just ignore that message and keep flying with the current firmware. And Thank You for your service my brother,
I really enjoy our site here, with out it I would've had a long and hard road to the knowledge required to be a successful Droner, So far , knock on wood LOL I have never had a bad flight and hope I never do, But that being said, I am always aware that the day may come one day that all of my acquired knowledge from the guy's on here may have to be utilized to save my P4 or P3 Adv. drone from a catastrophe.
Also I have been doing video with the P4 for a bit and this last video session I got the best quality video ever using manual camera settings and a ND 16 filter in 4K settings, The difference it made was just short of remarkable, the clouds above the tree line almost looked 3-D.
Hea Craig, would you check it out and let me know what you think of the video quality? here is my youtube link:
https://youtu.be/evtJbEyxfUw
Thanks Again Craig H for your dedication to serving our country your whole life !
SteveP55

Reactions: Craig H
Steve, I noticed that parts of your video were very good and parts were a bit dark. This is the same problem that I have been having. I am questioning whether it could be the limitations of the P4 camera verses a P4P camera. I set the camera on auto and have also manually set the camera settings. I am looking for an average setting, but that might not be possible when flying in the late after noon looking east (away from the sun) then changing direction flying west directly into the sun.

I like the flying part, but my photography skill really suck. Sorry.

Next, I will try setting on auto and slowly turning into the sun, giving the camera time to reset. This is a challenge that I must overcome in order to move forward. The weather has been bad so I haven't been flying for the last week.

Hi Craig H,
I know what your talking about, From the videos I have watched on this subject they stated the camera needs to be set at a fixed setting, I didn't do that myself that's why I believe at the end of the video it got much darker, the video said that setting the camera at 5000k for day time and 6000k for early morning or evening, that way it has a constant, or in the settings choose from the set standards like daytime, cloudy, and so forth, that way it will not change depending on the direction of the light source. I am going to give that a try myself. also try a ND 16 filter, it was an amazing difference in the colors and clarity.
SteveP55

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan