P4 gaining altitude WITHOUT input (VIDEO)

Reaction score
VIDEO: DJIP4MysteriousRise

I've owned eight separate P4 units. My very first one wouldn't hold altitude well...bobbed up and down constantly. All other were fine...until now.

I sold my best P4 to get a P4P...wasn't as impressed with the P4P as I was hoping (and had a wonky gimbal). So, I bought a "used," but unopened/unflown, P4. I've updated everything, calibrated everything (compass, IMU, gimbal, vision sensors)...

Yet, among other jumpy poor-altitude-holding oddities, it did this today...gained about 20 feet on its own with NO input: VIDEO: DJIP4MysteriousRise

I've reviewed the flight log on my phone and it doesn't show this big gain in altitude...nor does it show stick input.

I'm no newbie when it comes to the P4, but this is a new one for me. Anyone have any fixes? Reset factory settings?

Chatting with DJI now...they suggested I "calibrate the IMU and compass."

Thank you, DJI, never would have thought of that! :mad:

I had my p4 in a hover in p mode and all by its self it started to rise slowly and drift slightly to one side with no input from the sticks, it rose about 10 feet to where I then added input on the sticks to correct it. I was hovering over water about 8m.
All other flights that day went with out a hitch. Another 4 batteries worth. Cant explain what happened though

I've seen that with mine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

After checking the IMU sensor readings of 0.027 "highest reading" I have re-calibrated them and now getting a highest reading of 0.003 but haven't had the chance to go fly it again yet. Also re-calibrated the camera gimbal, compass will be done on site.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl