P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I'd get on the forums, try diagnose the actual fault, hopefully its nothing serious
It's obviously a firmware issue, it must update the camera too, I'm hoping the new firmware they keep promising will correct it, other wise it's off for a trip to the Netherlands

It's obviously a firmware issue, it must update the camera too, I'm hoping the new firmware they keep promising will correct it, other wise it's off for a trip to the Netherlands

I think you should send it to DJI, since those points are from the camera sensor, and it should be changed. It is not a firmwares problem.

I think you should send it to DJI, since those points are from the camera sensor, and it should be changed. It is not a firmwares problem.
Thanks for your comment Mugre
I am still waiting for DJI to get back to me regarding this image quality, I was hoping to try the new firmware that is supposed to be due out anytime soon just incase this fixes the camera issue
If nothing is released in the next week I will get it returned for service

I've seen others with similar issues after upgrading. It's clearly an issue with the camera firmware since it was working perfectly before the failware update.

I've seen others with similar issues after upgrading. It's clearly an issue with the camera firmware since it was working perfectly before the failware update.
That's what I'm hoping it is, but it could equally be a camera sensor failure in which case it needs returning to dji under warranty
Just wish they would release the fixed firmware quickly so I can rule it out one way or the other
Thanks for your reply
IKW

That's what I'm hoping it is, but it could equally be a camera sensor failure in which case it needs returning to dji under warranty
Just wish they would release the fixed firmware quickly so I can rule it out one way or the other
Thanks for your reply
IKW
"Quick" for DJI might mean 6 months :(

With the simple thing is to be able to put an option in Assitant to return to the previous firmware, but it had to be a private user that offers that solution and meanwhile DJI looking the other way.

Those of us who updated and ended up with wobbly drones have definitely been served with garbage in. I just don't want $1000 splattered on the ground and DJI tell me it's my fault. My P4 is in transit to DJI in CA right now.
I hope they fix it. If they call me and tell me I have to pay for 'whatever' when it's 2-3 months old, they can send it back and I'll turn it over to the courts. I don't trust DJI service at all.
Mine is there now w/ the same problems as everyone else. 2months old. They are covering it. Replaced a 3 in 1 board.

I did the full update, seemed to well. Tried to fly and now my unit flies about 20m and hits the brakes Then bounces all over. After hitting the brakes it will fly about 8mph, then take off, then brakes. In sport mode, doesn't do this. Any ideas?

I did the full update, seemed to well. Tried to fly and now my unit flies about 20m and hits the brakes Then bounces all over. After hitting the brakes it will fly about 8mph, then take off, then brakes. In sport mode, doesn't do this. Any ideas?

Downgrade!

If there are any of the original beta testers out there that haven't yet upgraded to the latest release, please let us know. It would be great if we could get a backup of the original beta, which by all accounts, was much more stable than the general release.

Sounds like your in beginner mode, go into DJI Go app, select Main controller section and then enable multiple flight mode, that should sort it out, but then your likely to experience the unstable flight patterns and be in same position as most pilots, best advice downgrade!

Well I come from testing after reinstalling firmware, reset values and make all possible calibrations, and to 4k nothing, a minute and a half reset of gimbal and camera. At 1080 30fps and 60fps, no problems, I have not tried 2k (is that the bitrate that comes by default to 2k in P4 is somewhat low and I do not use it). The rest of P4 handling goes well, flight modes, stability and so on. If you record to 1080 without problems I will not downgrade and wait for DJI to come up with the inspiration and solutions for the firmware failures.

[QUOTE = "IKW, post: 1230328, member: 97241"] Já tentou isso e agora executando 01.02.0602 o drone está voando perfeitamente, mas ainda obteve esse problema com uma câmera [/ QUOTE]
Olá, esse problema, aparecem algumas vezes, é o adaptador de cabo, já aconteceu comigo !! Espero ter ajudado !!

DJI Actually took down the forum thread that detailed the steps to roll back the firmware. I managed to take a screenshot before they took it down. I was able to successfully roll back the firmware using these steps to fix DJI's atrocious 02.00.0106 firmware. I take no credit for this, and therefore no responsibility. All credit goes to the DJI Forum user gyrex. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• P4 02.00.0106 Remedy.png
    P4 02.00.0106 Remedy.png
    685.4 KB · Views: 1,327
DJI Actually took down the forum thread that detailed the steps to roll back the firmware. I managed to take a screenshot before they took it down. I was able to successfully roll back the firmware using these steps to fix DJI's atrocious 02.00.0106 firmware. I take no credit for this, and therefore no responsibility. All credit goes to the DJI Forum user gyrex. Hope it helps!

Stupid question: Does this work with MacOS? And if not, is there a way to perform a downgrade with a Mac?

Stupid question: Does this work with MacOS? And if not, is there a way to perform a downgrade with a Mac?

If you install VirtualBox (free) and load a Windows OS virtual machine, then you can use your Mac.

Haven't read any posts in this thread for a while. Is the general concenses still not to upgrade ??

Daz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart