P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I find it ridiculously humorous that Litchi has the superior app built from an SDK provided to them by DJI. Go figger...
Have had similar results but am wondering what would happen on a litchi mission now if there is a lost signal. Strong wind warnings on the screen are a real pain and very off putting

Have had similar results but am wondering what would happen on a litchi mission now if there is a lost signal. Strong wind warnings on the screen are a real pain and very off putting

I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve by annoying people with that message... I had a flight the other day where the winds were 40KM/h, gusting to 60. 1.06 firmware, was very cautious at first, the P4 was getting blown away in P mode. Switched to S mode and it hovered there in the wind, happy as Larry, albeit with a rather comical sideways tilt the whole time.... Finished taking the pictures I needed, by looking at the pictures you would have no idea the aircraft was fighting strong winds the whole time.

Point is, the P4 has no trouble at all remaining stable in high winds, even with gusts +-20KM/h.... It's an 'error' message just for the sake of it....

I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve by annoying people with that message... I had a flight the other day where the winds were 40KM/h, gusting to 60. 1.06 firmware, was very cautious at first, the P4 was getting blown away in P mode. Switched to S mode and it hovered there in the wind, happy as Larry, albeit with a rather comical sideways tilt the whole time.... Finished taking the pictures I needed, by looking at the pictures you would have no idea the aircraft was fighting strong winds the whole time.

Point is, the P4 has no trouble at all remaining stable in high winds, even with gusts +-20KM/h.... It's an 'error' message just for the sake of it....
The silly IMU warning pops up as a message at the top of the screen out of the way. If they have to have this high wind warning why not put it there rather than somewhere where you then have to close the window only to have it up back up again?

Reactions: Goof
Took my newly updated P4 out to fly today. No issues. Precision landings (half dozen of them) were within a few inches of takeoff point. Very happy with that as it saves time/battery when landing.

Was flying with my friend who has the P4 Pro. His wind warnings and mine matched. At startup, the red "WARMING UP" notice happens to be right next to the IMU calibrate button. "WARMING UP" goes away when it, in fact, warms up. No issue.

Observed both aircraft regarding reported "wobble". No difference. Didn't notice much difference from previous firmware. Played with Tap Fly (not very interesting to me), but I do love Tripod mode for videography.

Flew a couple of Litchi orbits. No issues. Guess I have to say I'm pretty happy with this firmware update..... So far.....

Looking forward to my next flying adventure!!

Re Litchi Mission lost signal. Assume you are talking waypoint mission. As long as your mission length doesn't exceed battery life, shouldn't matter. The autonomous flight info is stored in the aircraft before mission start. Loss of RC, or video signal, well not matter. Aircraft just continues flying its mission.

Of course, if you lose RC contact, you can't abort the mission.

Cough...cough... since you have vlos of your aircraft at all times, you shouldn't have an issue with losing control...right?

I updated my Phantom 4 firmware on 6th July 2017 with version 02.00.0106 and the radio unit to version 1.9.2

Upon flying the drone over the weekend I now find it is very twitchy and erratic in flight also I feel that upon full vertical descent the motors appear to momentarily stop and then quickly switch back on.

None of these problems used to occur when the drone was operating under the old firmware version 01.02.0602

I have done all the calibrations (IMU & Compass) many times in a bid to resolve these issues, but the problems still occur.

The update clearly said, if you’re not happy with this firmware update then you can roll it back to the old version, but unfortunately there is no such back up file showing in DJI Assistant 2, so we are now stuck with something that is clearly not right.

Three other annoying things since this update,

1 Under the previous version I could land my aircraft with 14 seconds battery life, now this is over 2 min before it forces a landing, so we have lost 2 min flying time on every fully charged battery.

2 The camera horizon tilt adjust feature is painfully slow now; it was fine under the previous version.

3 The camera horizon tilt feature seems to work opposite to what the screen image shows.

I am using DJI Go 4 (version 4.1.3) on iOS 10.3.2 on an iPad mini 4

Not impressed, my phantom 4 is now grounded until the firmware is patched or replaced

I have reported all these problems to DJI, there immediate response was to return my drone for diagnosis, I refused this route for now and subsequent conversations has revealed that the firmware is currently being repaired and will be out shortly.

I hope this release will be correct, I can't believe they would issue firmware like this without fully testing first.

I have reported all these problems to DJI, there immediate response was to return my drone for diagnosis, I refused this route for now and subsequent conversations has revealed that the firmware is currently being repaired and will be out shortly.

I hope this release will be correct, I can't believe they would issue firmware like this without fully testing first.

Very interesting.

Do you have any of the conversations telling you this you can post here?

I'd love to believe that corrective firmware is actually close to being released but a couple of years of DJI forums has shown me that nothing that the DJI chat and phone support people say can be believed. I hope I'm wrong because this latest firmware debacle has been a disaster for many P4 owners.

I'd love to believe that corrective firmware is actually close to being released but a couple of years of DJI forums has shown me that nothing that the DJI chat and phone support people say can be believed. I hope I'm wrong because this latest firmware debacle has been a disaster for many P4 owners.

Well I sincerely hope they stick to their word or that's me through with DJI, the drone will be sent back for them to repair and then sold on its return.

Everyone who is affected needs to contact them and make it quite clear to them what they have done, otherwise they think it's fine.

Well I sincerely hope they stick to their word or that's me through with DJI, the drone will be sent back for them to repair and then sold on its return.

Everyone who is affected needs to contact them and make it quite clear to them what they have done, otherwise they think it's fine.

So do you have any of the details from the conversation with dji, regarding a firmware fix??

Very interesting.

Do you have any of the conversations telling you this you can post here?

I initially contacted DJI on Monday 10th July and two days later had a reply of Lloyd saying to return for diagnosis.

I then rang the DJI UK number on Thursday 13th July and got transferred to Netherlands where their tech support guy (didn't catch his name) assured me things where in hand with the R&D dept regarding all the complaints throughout the entire phantom 4 range.
I asked how long away is the fix, months, weeks, days etc and he said very soon probably a week.

He seemed genuine and concerned about what had happened to our drones.

If nothing is sorted by end of next week I will be on the phone again.

DJI are always banging on about "fly safe" then they do this to us and make our aircraft downright dangerous and un predictable!

Just make sure you updateed the remote control before the aircraft. Secondly my download to aircraft via the remote went to 99% and seemed to complete. I turned it off rebooted it on dji assistant and it showed successful. So there's a glitch during the process but it downloaded. Mine also said not compatible with unit using my iPad mini 4 but that was an issue either. So ignore the warnings. I would suggest putting firmware on with assistant.

I initially contacted DJI on Monday 10th July and two days later had a reply of Lloyd saying to return for diagnosis.

I then rang the DJI UK number on Thursday 13th July and got transferred to Netherlands where their tech support guy (didn't catch his name) assured me things where in hand with the R&D dept regarding all the complaints throughout the entire phantom 4 range.
I asked how long away is the fix, months, weeks, days etc and he said very soon probably a week.

He seemed genuine and concerned about what had happened to our drones.

If nothing is sorted by end of next week I will be on the phone again.

DJI are always banging on about "fly safe" then they do this to us and make our aircraft downright dangerous and un predictable!

Would love to have the uk phone number for dji. Don't think I've ever seen one.

Cheers

I updated my Phantom 4 firmware on 6th July 2017 with version 02.00.0106 and the radio unit to version 1.9.2

Upon flying the drone over the weekend I now find it is very twitchy and erratic in flight also I feel that upon full vertical descent the motors appear to momentarily stop and then quickly switch back on.

None of these problems used to occur when the drone was operating under the old firmware version 01.02.0602

I have done all the calibrations (IMU & Compass) many times in a bid to resolve these issues, but the problems still occur.

The update clearly said, if you’re not happy with this firmware update then you can roll it back to the old version, but unfortunately there is no such back up file showing in DJI Assistant 2, so we are now stuck with something that is clearly not right.

Three other annoying things since this update,

1 Under the previous version I could land my aircraft with 14 seconds battery life, now this is over 2 min before it forces a landing, so we have lost 2 min flying time on every fully charged battery.

2 The camera horizon tilt adjust feature is painfully slow now; it was fine under the previous version.

3 The camera horizon tilt feature seems to work opposite to what the screen image shows.

I am using DJI Go 4 (version 4.1.3) on iOS 10.3.2 on an iPad mini 4

Not impressed, my phantom 4 is now grounded until the firmware is patched or replaced

07-15-2017, 9:35am ET

IKW:

I did the same, updated on the 6th of July. My results are very similar to yours. I did the RC update and the P4 update with the Go 4 App, with both completing. Re-caluated the IMUs & Compass, successfully.

First flight I too noticed the "brief" motors stopping upon stopping an accent or stopping a descent. Slight but, very noticeable.

The "wobble" for me seems to be in straight & level over 10mph. I have not had it do it under 10mph.

Your final 1 & 2, I have but, not #3,,, yet.....

Hope they come up with a repair soon!

edspilot

Reactions: IKW
The temporary fix that DJI recommends is to make sure to remove the SD card, before installing your firmware. For whatever reason, upgrading the firmware while the SD card is in the bird, is causing the balky flying issues afterwards.

Good luck!

Reactions: RémyHeli
The temporary fix that DJI recommends is to make sure to remove the SD card, before installing your firmware. For whatever reason, upgrading the firmware while the SD card is in the bird, is causing the balky flying issues afterwards.

Good luck!

And I certainly don't believe this , DJI are honestly clueless!! Surprised they didn't tell you to spray the motors with WD40 lol [emoji23]

07-15-2017, 9:35am ET

IKW:

I did the same, updated on the 6th of July. My results are very similar to yours. I did the RC update and the P4 update with the Go 4 App, with both completing. Re-caluated the IMUs & Compass, successfully.

First flight I too noticed the "brief" motors stopping upon stopping an accent or stopping a descent. Slight but, very noticeable.

The "wobble" for me seems to be in straight & level over 10mph. I have not had it do it under 10mph.

Your final 1 & 2, I have but, not #3,,, yet.....

Hope they come up with a repair soon!

edspilot

Edspilot

Yep your bang on with what your saying, the wobble and pulsing of motors occurs when flying straight at speeds over 10 mph, this is also true when going sideways and in reverse.

I even disabled all the sensors in the app but still the same.

My theory especially with the camera horizon being back to front is that the IMU calibration is also calibrated on the wrong sides of the aircraft, unfortunately you can't overcome this by doing the opposite when calibrating as the software simply puts the side it wants in the position it would be if calibrated as per its requests.

I'm sure DJI will come through with the fix soon, but if you haven't already I urge you and everyone to make known to them at your earliest opportunity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT