P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I performed longer test this evening. Is better but still far from perfection. Drone is still unstable in flight.
Look at the short movies (sorry for poor quality):
Any ideas?
Before update my P4 flew very smooth, without any problems.

Yeah.. mine does this also , bit of a pain because then you get the gimbal exceeded warning

I performed longer test this evening. Is better but still far from perfection. Drone is still unstable in flight.
Any ideas?
Yep, that's the behavior I'm seeing.

**** it, I knew better than to update.......

I thought I'd almost lost my bird today, mid flight started having video signal drops (as of total freaking blackouts) and wasn't even far from it, couple hundred feet in front of me, decided to test farther and suddenly lost total connection to the Phantom 4, waited and waited for the auto RTH to kick in and nothing, finally I see the RTH kick in so as soon as I see reasonable signal I cancel my RTH and start bringing it home manually but this gets better, mid flight back my gimbal goes kaput totally facing sideways and not responding (For a second my initial though was uhh ohh bird lost total power and its going down ..... but no), I used the RTH when I realized it was the camera/gimbal and finally landed, powered off and on and there it was the darn thing working again.

I never had an issue with my bird, I am hating life right now, when flying I am also suffering from the same things most everyone is experiencing, touchy/nervous behavior, doesn't seem to want to stay put, I did re-link the remote twice, I did calibrate the VPS, all of it to no avail.... firmware is total POS and now I can't get it back.

PLEASE PLEASE for the love of Pete, if anyone knows how to get this back to the previous version by all means do PM me.

I updated my Mavic as well, although its also suffering for the nervous nelly behavior at least the signal is staying solid.

Thanks.

Reactions: Americanwigeon
Yes, you're right.

I wanted to try Tripod mode. It seems to be very useful for me.

Yes' you're rigtht again.

Anybody knows how to downgrade?
I've been told you can no longer downgrade. DJI pulled past firmware versions off their website, apparently in an effort to thwart the hacking of older firmware that had vulnerabilities. The DJI Caucasian I communicate with here in the US isn't happy about it either. However, I think there are pilots in other forums that have a way to downgrade. You won't find it in this forum, as it's against the rules to discuss such things.

I hope in the future DJI's downgrade policy will change, providing back rev options. This change of policy is a blatant slap in the face to DJI customers IMO, as if we won't mind conforming to new rules, like a puppy with no choice for owner. This attitude must come from their communist way of living. DJI may have handed me a way to break my addiction called "drone flying". I'm really pissed at DJI right now, can you tell? I'm sure I'm not alone.

Well I went for it and updated remote and bird. So far all looks well. reset max alt on return to home and one or two other settings. Going for a test flight shortly with fingers crossed.

Any ideas?
did you calibrate imu?

I've been told you can no longer downgrade. DJI pulled past firmware versions off their website, apparently in an effort to thwart the hacking of older firmware that had vulnerabilities. The DJI Caucasian I communicate with here in the US isn't happy about it either. However, I think there are pilots in other forums that have a way to downgrade. You won't find it in this forum, as it's against the rules to discuss such things.

I hope in the future DJI's downgrade policy will change, providing back rev options. This change of policy is a blatant slap in the face to DJI customers IMO, as if we won't mind conforming to new rules, like a puppy with no choice for owner. This attitude must come from their communist way of living. DJI may have handed me a way to break my addiction called "drone flying". I'm really pissed at DJI right now, can you tell? I'm sure I'm not alone.

Oh you're not alone on this, its just absurd.

I flew it once again and its totally unreliable, I don't want to risk it so for now that bird is grounded until I either find a way to revert or they come up with a quick fix for it, I can not trust it specially after that gimbal lost total power (for real, it went limb and lost all power/control) and the video feed cuts off just a few feet from me (not that it was amazing before as I've always had video issues but definitely not like this, screen goes from green bars to total lost of signal).

I noticed a a fairly pronounced wobble in my hovering also... The video dropping out seems to be random and noticed that once that happens the next video file has a default date and time of 12/31/13 at 2300hs... Once the bird has been turned off and back on that goes back to what the iPad sends to it to update.
Seems the video section of the bird is rebooting however the P4 flys normal.

Hopefully since others are having the same issues as mine there will be an update soon.

Of course if nobody says anything to DJI they wont know.. :)
I'm having a similar issue. There are so many bugs with this update. I'm afraid to put my P4 back in the air. The default date and time is clearly a software glitch, I'm getting that same result.The camera also wanders from left to right after it stops recording. Are you having that issue also? DJI support is a joke, a very bad one.

Reactions: tomasallan
i've seen many many complaints in this thread regarding problems after the firmware upgrade....so just an update of my experience after my firmware upgrade....did some good flying today, and everything went flawlessly..the bird was stable, and nimble, and as a matter of fact, this was the first time in a LONG time that i didn't have to adjust the horizon tilt manually. Not sure if the new IMU calibration process has helped with the dreaded tilted horizon issue that many of us face, or if the firmware update had a fix in it, but i must say, i was very pleased with the results today....anyone else notice an improvement in the tilted horizon after the upgrade?

Reactions: JohnnyD913
i've seen many many complaints in this thread regarding problems after the firmware upgrade....so just an update of my experience after my firmware upgrade....did some good flying today, and everything went flawlessly..the bird was stable, and nimble, and as a matter of fact, this was the first time in a LONG time that i didn't have to adjust the horizon tilt manually. Not sure if the new IMU calibration process has helped with the dreaded tilted horizon issue that many of us face, or if the firmware update had a fix in it, but i must say, i was very pleased with the results today....anyone else notice an improvement in the tilted horizon after the upgrade?

I can't complain either Suhail78. I like the tri pod,
And draw prolly the most outta all new modes.
They all are good just some more useful for MY
PATICULIAR SITUATION.
Knock on wood I haven't had any issues and my
Limp gimbal issue seems to be gone.
Gonna know for sure once I get my TITAN antenna
Back.

Reactions: Suhail78
Gee..me afraid to update.

I am even on very old controller FW 1.6.8, due to its best compatibility with HDMI board installed. Above this FW number on controller, I get lots of artifacts from video feed on Android, on iOS is okey. I like my Android Shield K1 better than 2 of my iPads for droning.

I am also still on GO Apps 2 number down from latest, so that I can't be forced to update to GO 4, which I had bad experience during its first 2 firmware built, always crashing.

My bird FW is updated, only 1 number down from this newest.

I am not keen on FW update in any form, if I do not have issue with the older ones. But as most here, Tripod Mode is what I want... but me not taking chances until more update experience from members coming in.

Can the Mod or someone make a poll please, to get % baseline :
01 - FW update went well, no issues , very happy
02 - FW update went well, has minor issues, but solved
03 - Updated FW , but have some persistent minor issues, but no reason not to fly it
04 - Updated FW, significant issues and will not fly it due to safety reason
05 - Waiting to update FW when more positive user experience have been submitted

If each owner who has updated FW and those in waiting , do engaged in the poll, we could get decent understanding of the overall %.

Updating in itself could introduce data corruption thru USB cable and USB port.
USB port Type A on PC & Laptop is the worse, usually its rated life cycle for insertion-removal is 1,500 cycles. The mini/micro ones are more robust, but they are on the drone side.
Here is a rough guide, which I seen the numbers are similar from various OEMs.
USB Connector | Products | GCT

My older 1st PC , has already 3 USB ports 2.0 ( PC casing front side ) that went bad due to over-used. My daughter laptop has 1 USB port with intermittent bad contact. USB port having bad intermittent contact is the most risky one, as we assumed it works , until we accidentally introduce shake or vibrations.
On my 2nd PC, I permanently mounted at least 2 card readers at mother board USB-s and not PC casing USB. This way I don't plug-unplug USB type A on PC side connectors much. I don't charge my smartphone or tablets using PC too, its all from its very own chargers.

I also don't know what mechanism is in place to verify FW 100% properly transferred and installed.

So it may not be the FW itself purely at fault/buggy for those who have updated, hence we see different result from different members. I think hardware wise also can matter on different production batch of P4 , and its response to FW update .....you never know, all these are so complex electronics.

I suggest those who has real bad issues with new FW, try to update again.
Who knows it was a bad USB cable or ports.

Thanks very much for the one who will be making the poll :)

Ran the upgrade today and went to Rodeo beach for a day of flying.
Didn't have any issues at all. A nagging problem with video transmission quality seems to have gone away (thank God), bird was as fast and responsive as ever. The wind alert is an annoyance, but not an issue. I'm not sure why all the horror stories are getting posted here, maybe I was just lucky, but I've had no issues and the minor improvements are all positive.

Reactions: Suhail78
For anyone trying to revert to previous firmware, it may be worth noting that those of us who had been flying the 2.00 Beta for the last 6 months were always told that we should not revert to an earlier version once we had gone up to V2.

This lack of a route back is not something new related to the recent stuff people have been doing, it has been in place for many months now in relation to the V2.00.xxxx firmware...

Test flights today after new firmware was very disappointing. Like before mentioned very unstable flight. Flew in mild winds as I typically do and it was very shaky and presented me with a warning about to much wind. Also displayed a battery issue return to home" warning? Can I downgrade to the previous firmware? This one sucks.. also upon decent the camera stopped recording for no reason as if it thought I had landed even tho auto record was not on ( in fact I do not even see that option anymore?) also no longer able to turn off the geo map :/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z