P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I was concerned about that at first but if you read closer it says you are limited until after the update you login to your Go App . I did the update through my pc. When finished I shut everything down and and restarted everything just like I was going to do a normal flight through Go 4.0 and everything was fine. The only down side, so far, is that the update totally resets everything to factory defaults. If you were using a controller mode other than the default you will need to go in and choose the one you wish to work with. You also have to reset any adjustments you made to the gimbal, controller, etc... Everything seems pretty normal but the one thing I did notice is that 1) it was a windy day and apparently the bird now recognizes wind issues and displays a warning. and 2) The monitor/view on my ipad kept getting black lines like it was having transmission/communication problems between the controller and the bird. I dont know if that was a wind issue or what but it's never done that with me before, no matter how windy it was. I guess we shall see.

HELLOOOOOO! I must be missing something here......are is it everybody else in this conversation? I attempted to use the DJI GO4 app to update my P4 and it pops up a notice stating that doing the update, my aircraft will be limited to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m!!! I then had a choice to Accept or Cancel. This was a NO-BRAINER! Why would Anybody want to do the update???

You're not reading the whole message... I can't recall the exact wording, but paraphrasing, it says something like: "flight distances will be limited until you log in to your DJI account".

When you do log in to your DJI account then everything will be as normal. This is a new procedure.

DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

Out of interest, I was logged in when I did the upgrade. I stayed logged in and didn't have to do it again. I guess in some cases, in order to remove the distance lock, you'd have to re-log in.

Reactions: WWK888
Rebind my controller, I get initial camera feed then "aircraft disconnected" just like before. If I unplug the cord and plug it back in it comes back for a second the disconnects again, just like before. The aircraft fan goes on and off like the whole thing is stuck in a loop rebooting.

**edit** I can arm the motors but have had the props off since my first try today didn't work.

Is your RC firmware updated? In GO 4 where it says Aircraft Disconnected, click on it and in the Overall Status section see if there is an RC update required.

Reactions: BCBasher
My
Is your RC firmware updated? In GO 4 where it says Aircraft Disconnected, click on it and in the Overall Status section see if there is an RC update required.
AC firmware is good how do you check/update the RC firmware?

My

AC firmware is good how do you check/update the RC firmware?
When you connect everything and have the GO app opened to your camera view and along the top middle it states Aircraft Disconnected. Click on Aircraft Disconnected and a menu will drop down and in Overall Status on the top it will state if you need an RC firmware update.

Well.. I wasn't going to, but I had nothing better to do today so I updated the firmware.

I see no difference in how the craft handles. The only thing different with this firmware is that I'm getting frequent "wind warnings" popping up on the screen.

The message is in red text and states something like "wind speed high, don't fly far and keep craft in sight". (I'm paraphrasing here).

But, there wasn't much wind. It was under 10 Km/h on the ground. I always watch the tree tops of tall trees before I take off. If branches are bending, then I know it's windy up there.. But today, there was only a gentle flutter of leaves.

Anyone else getting wind warnings with the new P4 firmware?
Yes, got the same warnings - never got those before no matter how windy it was.

Nope...

After first flight with new firmware I have to say I'm disappointed... Drone is unstable in the air... it's very "nervous".

I noticed that with mine this morning also.... Started the motors and lifted to about 10 feet in the air and noticed that it started a "Wobble".. nothing real bad but each of the 4 motor points in a circular fashion would drop independently of the rest to give it a wobble look almost like an out of balance. There was no wind to deal with and of course you cannot see it in the camera image on teh tablet but there nonetheless.
Another thing I noticed right off was the lower RPM'S of the props at idle, before applying takeoff thrust. I kinda like that since every time my bird would start up it had a burst of high rpm that lifted on side of the landing gearuo off the

I updated my P4 but now my inspire 1 remote control will not work with the updated aircraft's firmware. The power light on the remote is blinking orange and green rapidly and the it keeps reconnecting. :(
I am also using an inspire 1 radio with my p4 and having similar problems. Have you had any developments?

Crossed my fingers and updated today. Calibrated IMU, compass and gimbal and took my P4 for a test with DJI GO 4 in windless conditions. Seemed fine flying with sticks. It got a bit twitchy in active track mode, bucking slightly in flight but little else to report. Working well on my Samsung S6, but connecting to my 8" Galaxy tab A is still a hit and miss affair. The tab A also hates connecting directly to the aircraft. The connect via usb window plays violent peekaboo so little joy there. Will try Litchi later on. Fingers crossed for a portside shoot tomorrow!

When you connect everything and have the GO app opened to your camera view and along the top middle it states Aircraft Disconnected. Click on Aircraft Disconnected and a menu will drop down and in Overall Status on the top it will state if you need an RC firmware update.

It says latest firmware or something to that effect.

Okay so if I leave it on and wait or unplug and replug my phone my video feed comes back, the fan runs for a few seconds, then "aircraft disconnected", repeat.

Now it's saying no signal, still have my props off and the aircraft/RC seem to be working just, I loose connection to my phone. I've tried a few cords, my good phone is in firmware hell also so I cant crosscheck it. I flew with it last night because my drone phone was dead.

First evening flight after the P4 update. I can confirm that the IMU does give an "Calibrate IMU" warning instead of "IMU Warming up". The warning did go off though as expected and gave a ready for flight. Got the NFZ warning for an "unpaved airport", but dismissed with the popup window. Video did seem to dropout or turn recording off a couple of times, not sure till more flights on this one. I got a "wind warning" too but winds were calm. Didn't see any flight issues yet, and the new Precision Landing works very well (even near sunset with the ground shaded) onto my "instant heliport". Takeoff hover was quite steady. Since we did get this update, maybe a bug fix release won't be too far in the future for some of the items we're seeing.

First evening flight after the P4 update. I can confirm that the IMU does give an "Calibrate IMU" warning instead of "IMU Warming up". The warning did go off though as expected and gave a ready for flight. Got the NFZ warning for an "unpaved airport", but dismissed with the popup window. Video did seem to dropout or turn recording off a couple of times, not sure till more flights on this one. I got a "wind warning" too but winds were calm. Didn't see any flight issues yet, and the new Precision Landing works very well (even near sunset with the ground shaded) onto my "instant heliport". Takeoff hover was quite steady. Since we did get this update, maybe a bug fix release won't be too far in the future for some of the items we're seeing.
Same, but my hover is a little wobbly.

Updates went fine for me - still need to Ops check Litchi.

Per DJI's upgrade announcement: "Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing." Does 'Precision Landing' mean the same for A P4 as it does for my P4P? Using DJI GO 4 'auto take off' on my firmware-upgraded P4 (standard), I didn't get the checkbox for opting to use Precision Landing as I do with my P4P. Am I looking for something that's not there? Thank you in advance for any replies to this. :)

Last edited:
Hi,
Try to update firmware for Phantom 4 v02.00.0106 with DJI Assistant V 1.1.2-2. Download was ok but stuck at "transmitting" 0% and for 1Hour nothing happens.
What goes wrong?
Any ideas

Ok now I'm a little pissed! Went out tonight to shoot fireworks & the freakin video feed kept dropping! Every 15-20 seconds. 200' straight up. Each time the feed dropped the quad would turn left out of a hover. Had to keep re adjusting to get my shot.

Flew another couple of batteries after the update today. This time I had a chance to fly at speed and noticed what others have reported, rather unstable flight... twitchy, bucking around a lot on an otherwise straight flight path. Flies like it's trying to flick off an annoying bug.
Kinda looks like its overreacting in making tiny course corrections. You can hear it too. Not looking forward to flying in a breeze tomorrow! Repeated using Litchi. Same behaviour. Connecting to Galaxy tab A still hit and miss but it happens eventually.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor