P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

I'm glad things worked out for everyone else that had the same 99% stall issue and was able to resolve it. I have to give full credit to @JohnnyD913, I was in the same situation until he braved an hour on the phone with DJI to figure out the solution.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
I got my tilted horizon after I received it back from repair "air encoder" replaced under warranty so couldn't complain. But after this update I've had a few issues , managed to update the aircraft first via DJI go4 , worked spot on, then had to update the controller , spot on. Now when I start up cold , I get IMU calibration needed, but when warms up it goes away, strange. I lost signal on visual screen when coming to an end of my flight so I had to complete the RE LINK CONTROLLER. Recommend that you just do it anyway tbh . Apart from this no major problems on the new update, gesture I'll never use, pointless .. let the fun begin

I'm glad things worked out for everyone else that had the same 99% stall issue and was able to resolve it. I have to give full credit to @JohnnyD913, I was in the same situation until he braved an hour on the phone with DJI to figure out the solution.

R62ewa thanks for the recognition. I was in the same boat as everyone else until I bit the bullet and called dji.
Hell gettin there number was harder than updates. Lol.
I hope everyone is good or gettin that way.
Thanks,
JohnnyD913

Thanks to this thread I was able to do both the aircraft AND RC upgrades required by DJI. It was unclear to me that there were two steps to this upgrade. DJI needs to double check its upgrade instructions before going public. Just saying...

Reactions: The Ghost and FLDan
After upgrading my firmware on the P4 a few months ago,my full charge on the RC dropped from 100% to 92%. Now after upgrading again my RC full charge dropped from 92% to 87%....

Thanks for your help! DJI Support is useless!

In this situation, when you enter the DJI Go app camera view and the red indicator bar along the top says disconnected, click on that status bar. Next in the Overall Status section it should state there is an update for the RC, click on it to download and then install the RC update. This should fix your issue without having to rollback any firmware, it worked fine for me and others.

I had the same issue of the App not saying there was an RC update required, but using the method above allows you to manually check for an update and download and install it.

Does this affect any Litchi functions? I've not used DJI GO since it kept crashing in early November.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

On 3 Jul Litchi released this:

9f9e29e3c03038678975de9db2c17a14.jpg

Reactions: Healthcarewkrrn
I flew mine in 8-9 mile winds. It was stable until I dropped altitude. Then it shimmied quite a bit. Thought it was wind, maybe not. First flight after firmware. Haven't had that problem before even in same wings. Hmmmm?
I flew mine in 8-9 mile winds. It was stable until I dropped altitude. Then it shimmied quite a bit. Thought it was wind, maybe not. First flight after firmware. Haven't had that problem before even in same wings. Hmmmm?

I reported this in the DJI forum. All the updates (drone, RC and batteries) went fine but the drone tilts violently as it flies; almost as if it's compensating for a stalled motor. It flew perfectly with the previous firmware. To make things worse, neither the DJI Go4 app nor the DJI Assistant gives me the opportunity to reinstall the previous firmware.

Yeah I noticed this.. tilts violently in light wind and states it exceeded wind force !?!?

here's my results after updating everything and couple test flights to see what has changed:

first I noticed the titled horizon is still there (slightly better) , but now when to go correct it with c1 and scroll it moves very slow and doesn't make the clicking noise like before...I preferred old method, faster and easier to see corrections.....next I noticed a new warning that just plain bites, high wind velocity ...I was flying at 100 ft up and out and wind was only at 5mph , flew in way more wind in than this and have never seen it be a factor....sticks seems more responsive too...overall happy so far , wish they would fix this horizon issue though once and for all....also noticed the imu calibration was way different this go around, before just let it sit and do it thing, now gotta flip bird all around and be interactive in the process ..when start motors manually now , there idle speed is so nice and quiet , slowed downed from previous firmware

Last edited:
I updated the controller and phantom 4 today, no major issues, just a few warnings about device not compatible, but it didn't prevent the update from completing successfully. Did an IMU calibration, which was different than the previous process, but it went smoothly, i calibrated the gimbal, and reviewed all my settings, and restored my configuration. Didn't fly yet, but i don't anticipate any issues, looking forward to trying out the new flight modes!! Anyone test them out yet??

So did a little test flight yesterday evening, and everything went fine, but i was getting and "IMU Error: Calibrate IMU", which seemed odd, bc i calibrated it already. so i restarted the bird, which was sitting on a picnic table, and the same error appeared way with all 4 LEDs lit up red. I moved the bird to the ground, and then restarted it again, and it gave me the error again, but then it went away and gave me the good to go......not sure if this is some sort of bug or not....has anyone else seen this behavior after the firmware upgrade???

Regarding folks reporting that the copter seems a bit more 'twitchy' after this firmware update, it is possible that the coding made some changes to the default Expo, Sensitivity, and Gain settings. I set these all to lower limits than default. I set all of my Expo setting for both 'P' mode and 'Sports' mode to .30. I also set my Sensitivity and Gain settings to their lower values.

I do this for two reasons. I think it is easier on the motors, and I think it is easier on the airframe - especially the lower braking value.

The one - and very important - caveat though, is the fact that the copter will respond in a much more 'gummy' fashion, so you have to get used to this if you fly in and around obstacles. Once you do get used to it, it does make for some much smoother camera footage, and I think - for me - I have a better sense of control.

Reactions: John Tarvin
The impossible has happened, DJI actually released new firmware for the P4. Here are the notes and the link to their post. The firmware DOES have the new flight modes, and login restrictions, but there is no mention as to whether the Tilted Horizon issue has been fixed, like it was for the P4P.

Overview
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3
  • DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

What’s New
  • Updated No Fly Zone Management.
  • Added Gesture, Draw, Terrain Follow, and Tripod as Intelligent Flight Modes, as well as Trace and Profile sub-modes for ActiveTrack and a Free sub-mode for TapFly.
  • Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
  • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
  • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • Requires the DJI GO 4 app v4.1.0 or later, otherwise the flight will be restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.
What happens if you do not have an internet connection and try to log in?

I got my tilted horizon after I received it back from repair "air encoder" replaced under warranty so couldn't complain. But after this update I've had a few issues , managed to update the aircraft first via DJI go4 , worked spot on, then had to update the controller , spot on. Now when I start up cold , I get IMU calibration needed, but when warms up it goes away, strange. I lost signal on visual screen when coming to an end of my flight so I had to complete the RE LINK CONTROLLER. Recommend that you just do it anyway tbh . Apart from this no major problems on the new update, gesture I'll never use, pointless .. let the fun begin

For some reason I didn’t get this the first time I used the Phantom and a test flight seemed a little unsteady. So I did an IMU calibration. Used to the procedure as Mavic is the same. And I now get IMU needs calibrating until it’s warmed up. I would probably fly it but a bit dubious because not sure if it is a false error.

The settings for wind warnings are at 8 I believe. The same as the Mavic because I get them with the Mavic with a slight breeze. Gotta remember winds are stronger when up higher.

This is the most confusing group of post that I have ever read, I am terrified of doing this new update. So the question is. Is there anything that tells just how you do these updates without being one of the people posting here and telling how everything is screwed up on your phantom 4 now?

This is the most confusing group of post that I have ever read, I am terrified of doing this new update. So the question is. Is there anything that tells just how you do these updates without being one of the people posting here and telling how everything is screwed up on your phantom 4 now?
Updates wnet smoothly om all of my 4 P4s: 2 P4, P4A and P4P+
Followed that up with CIMUC and Compass cali.Tweaked my expo, sens and gain settings, hover is dead on stable in Atti mode (no wind). Max speed, oh well, i'm happy.

i've got no image on my phone.. video/photo recorded on SD card.. camera sensor (Shutter/exposure) seems well, it responded to light change.. but no image on my phone. any info how to fix this please.. ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94