P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Thanks, need help though. Updated first through controller. Failed at 99%. Then restored to factor with assistant 2. Reinstalled with assistant 2. App comes up, can see new features. App unable to recognize version. App shows Aircraft disconnected or weak transmission signal, mostly green screen. Have restarted everything.

Help?

I am having the exact same issue... Bird updated fine thru assistant, the RC is showing current version no update available thru the Go app, and the connect light on the RC is very rapidly flashing red/green (like it's downloading and updating the firmware)
The RC when connected to the Go app will continually check for new version like it;s stuck in that loop.
Go app says bird is disconnected however I can start the motors and control the gimble. The camera display shows chopped attempts of images at the same rate that the version check on the controller.
Shows no battery info either.
Have re-bound the bird to the controller several times and nothing changes.
Looks like I will be rolling back the firmware on the bird and trying it again

My update went smoothly with all the lights flashing in weird formations, and beeps and gimbal jiggles, then at 92% got a message saying device not compatible. Ipad mini. I ignored the warning and the update finished OK.
I live on the coast and the tilted horizon is always an issue, so I will do a test flight soon and report back.
I had the same. Had to use assistant 2, take back to factory and then reloaded with assistant 2. The controller indicated controller update through dji go4.
I use the mini 4. It told me the same thing.
After restart the signal was strong. Test flight went well. Well do 3-4 more times until I fly distances.

I am having the exact same issue... Bird updated fine thru assistant, the RC is showing current version no update available thru the Go app, and the connect light on the RC is very rapidly flashing red/green (like it's downloading and updating the firmware)
The RC when connected to the Go app will continually check for new version like it;s stuck in that loop.
Go app says bird is disconnected however I can start the motors and control the gimble. The camera display shows chopped attempts of images at the same rate that the version check on the controller.
Shows no battery info either.
Have re-bound the bird to the controller several times and nothing changes.
Looks like I will be rolling back the firmware on the bird and trying it again
In this situation, when you enter the DJI Go app camera view and the red indicator bar along the top says disconnected, click on that status bar. Next in the Overall Status section it should state there is an update for the RC, click on it to download and then install the RC update. This should fix your issue without having to rollback any firmware, it worked fine for me and others.

I had the same issue of the App not saying there was an RC update required, but using the method above allows you to manually check for an update and download and install it.

I've successfully updated firmware of drone, controller and one battery.
How to update firmware of other batteries? I got more than one battery.

Thanks, need help though. Updated first through controller. Failed at 99%. Then restored to factor with assistant 2. Reinstalled with assistant 2. App comes up, can see new features. App unable to recognize version. App shows Aircraft disconnected or weak transmission signal, mostly green screen. Have restarted everything.

Help?
I just experienced the same thing about 10 mins ago! 7/7/17! I disconnected everything and shut down both the bird and the controller, with the bird still showing 99% update. The reboot of the bird and controller didn't help and I noticed the controller light was blinking red and green. I then rebooted my iPhone 7, reconnected everything and the app told to update the controller firmware . I did so and everything is working great.

I've successfully updated firmware of drone, controller and one battery.
How to update firmware of other batteries? I got more than one battery.

Each time you put in a non-updated battery it will inform you thorough DJI Go4 that "inconsistent firmware" was found - or something similar. You can then perform the requested update in order to update each of your batteries, and it should be fairly quick each time.

Each time you put in a non-updated battery it will inform you thorough DJI Go4 that "inconsistent firmware" was found - or something similar.

Nope...

After first flight with new firmware I have to say I'm disappointed... Drone is unstable in the air... it's very "nervous".

Nope...

After first flight with new firmware I have to say I'm disappointed... Drone is unstable in the air... it's very "nervous".
I flew mine in 8-9 mile winds. It was stable until I dropped altitude. Then it shimmied quite a bit. Thought it was wind, maybe not. First flight after firmware. Haven't had that problem before even in same wings. Hmmmm?

Last edited:
Nope...

I have updated firmware on copter and remote, but raining today, so no flying yet.

A good plan after a firmware update - prior to first flight - is to do IMU calibrations, gimbal calibration, compass calibrations, and VPS calibrations. It's a bit of work, but at least you know that you have done all that you can to promote stability.

Reactions: Jayfdee
My doesn't fly smooth like before update. It's very "nervous" especially when changing direction or altitude.

My doesn't fly smooth like before update. It's very "nervous" especially when changing direction or altitude.
OK you got me worried now, done the update but too windy to test.
Just had to downgrade from IOS 11 public beta, it was too buggy, now this, I suppose if you are happy with what you got stay there.
Not me, I am always pushing forwards with 2 steps, and back with 1.

Well.. I wasn't going to, but I had nothing better to do today so I updated the firmware.

I see no difference in how the craft handles. The only thing different with this firmware is that I'm getting frequent "wind warnings" popping up on the screen.

The message is in red text and states something like "wind speed high, don't fly far and keep craft in sight". (I'm paraphrasing here).

But, there wasn't much wind. It was under 10 Km/h on the ground. I always watch the tree tops of tall trees before I take off. If branches are bending, then I know it's windy up there.. But today, there was only a gentle flutter of leaves.

Anyone else getting wind warnings with the new P4 firmware?

Thank goodness I read your post. I spoke with dji support and was told to reset remote link and calibrate the remote. Of course nothing works. I told him repeatedly that it happened after firmware upgrade that my remote and display went crazy. He actually asked me to send the drone in and kept arguing about assurance that they won't charge me a dime.

I saw ur post and tried it and it did the magic. Thank you again. I don't trust dji support anymore.

In this situation, when you enter the DJI Go app camera view and the red indicator bar along the top says disconnected, click on that status bar. Next in the Overall Status section it should state there is an update for the RC, click on it to download and then install the RC update. This should fix your issue without having to rollback any firmware, it worked fine for me and others.

I had the same issue of the App not saying there was an RC update required, but using the method above allows you to manually check for an update and download and install it.

Reactions: Per Timmermann

Great info! Very helpful.

Geo

THANKS!!!! Worked like a charm!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z