P4 extended distance

Reaction score
How does that work with LB1? Is it just better antennas on the quad?

How does that work with LB1? Is it just better antennas on the quad?
More video transmission power on the P4 quad, which was successively reduced with each P3P iteration. Using the W323 as the baseline power as 100%, W323A was 82%, and W323B was 70%. The P4 should be above 100% of the W323. Can't see it because the FCC site is still down.
https://fccid.io/SS3-WM3301512

More video transmission power on the P4 quad, which was successively reduced with each P3P iteration. Using the W323 as the baseline power as 100%, W323A was 82%, and W323B was 70%. The P4 should be above 100% of the W323. Can't see it because the FCC site is still down.
Woohoo I have w323 on my p3p. Is this really confirmed if so why would DJI degrade it's product?

And also, do you know what the tx iterations change, performance wise, if any?

Woohoo I have w323 on my p3p. Is this really confirmed if so why would DJI degrade it's product?

And also, do you know what the tx iterations change, performance wise, if any?
Yes, they are listed on the FCC website for each model, under the FCC license number for each version. The A and B TX powers are the same, but the C version of the TX was reduced in power by some 20%. Maybe to encourage sale of the P4?

According to the official dji phantom comparison spec sheet the flight rc and fpv distance is the same for the p3 pro/adv and p4

Or have I missed something?

Using the W323 as the baseline power as 100%, W323A was 82%, and W323B was 70%.

How the heck did I miss the appearance of the W323B model? Just searched the forums.. filled with posts. Must have been snoozing.

Haven't seen any degradation of perfomance tho.

Last edited:
Yes, they are listed on the FCC website for each model, under the FCC license number for each version. The A and B TX powers are the same, but the C version of the TX was reduced in power by some 20%. Maybe to encourage sale of the P4?

The P4 uses the C model transmitter. It's right in the RC unit. Both my P3Ps are the B units. So the P4 is down 20% in RC Transmitter output power, from the innit that came with my P3Ps.

I haven't done extensive range comparisons, but my impression is the P4 is down on "practical range" from the P3P. Meaning that maybe in a straight line with perfect LOS they're compatible, but the P4 will fall off faster with obstructions like trees and foilage. Not very scientific observations, but it's not a night and day difference, but I THINK A meaningful difference. Back to back experiments are needed and I haven't done them.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The P4 uses the C model transmitter. It's right in the RC unit. Both my P3Ps are the B units. So the P4 is down 20% in RC Transmitter output power, from the innit that came with my P3Ps.

I haven't done extensive range comparisons, but my impression is the P4 is down on "practical range" from the P3P. Meaning that maybe in a straight line with perfect LOS they're compatible, but the P4 will fall off faster with obstructions like trees and foilage. Not very scientific observations, but it's not a night and day difference, but I THINK A meaningful difference. Back to back experiments are needed and I haven't done them.
I wrote that post before the P4 TX specs were publicly available. The FCC site was down for 10 days until March 10! My newest P4 stock GL300C "naked", without a windsurfer, loses RC at 2,500 feet with OAS turned on, which is the only way to achieve a 25 minute battery life because it limits the max speed to 22mph. My W323 P3P stock GL300A was good to over 3 miles, and lost FPV before RC. P4 Tx loses RC before FPV! My first P4 with OAC off lost RC at 6,700 feet with a windsurfer. 1.3 miles isn't 3 miles! 1/2 a mile isn't 3 miles! Use a modded GL300A or GL300B Tx with the P4! Just pair them up. Fully compatible! Still expecting poor P4 video stability past 2 miles, even with a transmitter mod, because of the 20% reduction in aircraft video power output from the P4 aircraft, over the W323 P3P.

Last edited:
According to the official dji phantom comparison spec sheet the flight rc and fpv distance is the same for the p3 pro/adv and p4

Or have I missed something?

No! What people, but probably NOT DJI are that those are minimum numbers in perfect conditions. So showing the P4 can go 5 km, over a lake, in perfect atmospheric conditions DOES prove they met their spec.

It DOESN'T show a comparison between the P3P and the P4. The P3P might have gone twice as far over the calm lake.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl