P4 drone with P4+ controller

Reaction score
After losing my P4P+ to Davy Jones" locker I decided to get a P4P (brand new), although the wife said no. It's been fine. The P4P+ controller with P4P drone in perfect sync...no issues. (I don't have the money to get an IPad {the wife thing again} so I'm using the controller I already have)

Question...why doesn't everybody have the same problems/issues? It's pretty scary seeing all these posts, mostly all negative. These are supposed to be all the same.

So, To be ahead of the game, is anyone knowledgeable as to any down side in this arrangement.
I did lose the ability to push half down in order to focus better in capturing a photo, that seems to be the only thing lost or changed.

Always a pleasure to converse with you guys/gals out there! hmmm, where are the girls???

Last edited:
There is no difference between the aircraft for P4P+ and the P4P, they are the same bird just different controllers. You shouldn't have lost any functionality.

Problems are individual at times, including things that were not done failures. There are many reasons for drones getting lost, some of which have to do with hardware or software failures. But as with most General Aviation crashes, the vast majority boil down to pilot error. That is something that you can avoid, by flying within your limits.

There is no difference between the aircraft for P4P+ and the P4P, they are the same bird just different controllers. You shouldn't have lost any functionality.
The only difference is the camera. It's capability to zoom in to focus is lost. The P4P does not have that capability is my guess. If I'm wrong, let me know. And thanks for the reply!

The only difference is the camera. It's capability to zoom in to focus is lost. The P4P does not have that capability is my guess. If I'm wrong, let me know. And thanks for the reply!
There is no difference in the cameras or anything about the aircraft..
The controller is the only difference between the P4pro and P4pro+
If you look through the settings you will find the Focus Assist that can be enabled/disabled

There is no difference in the cameras or anything about the aircraft..
The controller is the only difference between the P4pro and P4pro+
If you look through the settings you will find the Focus Assist that can be enabled/disabled
UREKA! That information is valuable, indeed!!! So, thank you very much! I haven't tried yet, but confidence uplifted. My original P4P+ had this option out of the box, no need to select the option.
After so many little failures/mistakes...this makes my day!

All's well now. I don't know why I hadn't done the "focus assist". Guess it didn't click in my head.
A short flight above Newport Harbor today and everything worked seamlessly. Here is a shot from today, posted in Newport's 'town' web-page.
And a large THANK YOU once again!
DJI_00006.JPG

Noooo, OPTIONS my friend, options. But when this one crashes, I'd likely sell one of them to help pay for the next drone.
Inevitable....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez