P3s controller

Reaction score
Recently got my first drone. Read manual several times and have successfully flown several times. Now, trying to figure out a little more about it. Somewhere I missed the functions of s1 and s2 on controller. Can anyone tell me what these are used for and how to operate. I'm not comfortable with just changing and not knowing

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You'll find it here on page 21 https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/pha...antom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

S2 - left, S1 - right

S2 - toggle down/up several times to initiate RTH. Keep in up position
S1 - top is GPS hold - keep it in up position
S1 - middle is Atti mode - avoid until comfortable with flying
S1 - down IOC mode if enabled in the app, will enable advanced functions like POI, waypoints etc

Recently got my first drone. Read manual several times and have successfully flown several times. Now, trying to figure out a little more about it. Somewhere I missed the functions of s1 and s2 on controller. Can anyone tell me what these are used for and how to operate. I'm not comfortable with just changing and not knowing

Suggest you read through the Standard manual again. There are many points of reference you must know to fly safely.

As for the S1 and S2 switches, this info is in the manual also....Remote Controller section, pages 21-24.......and in the FAQ section page 47.

Be sure to be familiar with the RTH section also. All three pages of it. Knowing this information will most likely save your Phantom if there is a loss of signal or other issue. Good luck .... Fly Safe.

I may have to go check my box again. All I've found must be a quick start guide. Thanks for info. I can go to link you supplied and take it from there. I have read up quite a bit and thru all the tutorials plus got quite a bit of info from here. This site has been a great help.

I may have to go check my box again. All I've found must be a quick start guide. Thanks for info. I can go to link you supplied and take it from there. I have read up quite a bit and thru all the tutorials plus got quite a bit of info from here. This site has been a great help.

Unfortunately, DJI doesn't provide its owners with a copy of the Phantom manual in the box. It is available for download from the DJI site, as well as msinger's site Phantomhelp.com.

Phantomhelp.com is a great reference for everything Phantom. Just be sure to select the model you have from the top of the page for boatloads of information. The Phantom manual is under the 'manuals' section. I urge you to download the manual and save it to your device for quick reference.

Msinger is a frequent poster to this site also. If you can't find the information you need in the manual, on phantomhelp, or in the forum.....just ask. There are very knowledgeable people here that are glad to help.

Fly Safe! [emoji3]

Somewhere I missed the functions of s1 and s2 on controller. Can anyone tell me what these are used for and how to operate.
Here's an overview of the P3S remote controller by DJI:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak