P3P Video/Gimbal vibration

Reaction score
Hello.

I`m new here, so don`t yell at me if there already was this kind of thread.
Few months ago I bought used P3P with broken flat cable. I changed it with the original flexible flat cable and everything seems to work fine except this vibration, which you can see in my video.

Please, help me solve this.

I'm not seeing the vibrations on your vide but I do see jerky up down slips is this video from SD card or from your tablet. If from tablet then it's local vertical sync issue and try with other tablet and new better cable.

If the video is from SD card then something wrong with pitch motor movements , may be its cable is not really sitting properly. You got to investigate there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
If from tablet then it's local erotically sync issue
Alok, what exactly is a "local erotically sync issue" and what the heck are you doing with your Phantom? ;-)

Maybe I'm missing out and need to update my FW after all.

Reactions: JoBe
Alok, what exactly is a "local erotically sync issue" and what the heck are you doing with your Phantom? ;-)

Maybe I'm missing out and need to update my FW after all.

Omg. I should be careful with auto corrections. I was typing vertical and probably missed letter 'v' and it converted into unacceptable word. I corrected it. I should be more careful.

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
@Didzha: also check if you have any foam like substance stuck to the gimbal which should be totally removed before using flying.

I see a little of what he described. However, I did not see it as Vibration, but more as the heat wave effect. You could see it mostly in the movement of the water. What is it, or what is causing it, is something I'm not 100% sure of. I have a similar issue after having to replace my flat cable and 2 small wiring harnesses from basic wear as I had never even had a Hard Landing.

Anyhow, in my current setup I see this disturbance after fast movement of the gimbal or reaching the stopping point from the air craft yaw rotation. It has not bothered me enough to dig into it, yet. But at this time I feel like there is some type of unnecessary movement in the flat cable at one of it's connections. If I were to guess which one I would say it is probably the one inside the gimbal mounting plate that the gimbal is attached to.

Thank you for your reply`s.
I used this video directly from my SD card.
Only place of which I`m bothered is the place, where the flat cable goes around the gimbal and connects into camera. When I move the camera with my hands, i feel like it is struggling a little bit. I dont see how i can put that cable different so it doesnt touch camera it self, when moving up/down..
I`m not so bothered about that the video is jerky, but that it stucks a little bit and then immediately goes back into it`s place...

Thank you for your reply`s.
I used this video directly from my SD card.
Only place of which I`m bothered is the place, where the flat cable goes around the gimbal and connects into camera. When I move the camera with my hands, i feel like it is struggling a little bit. I dont see how i can put that cable different so it doesnt touch camera it self, when moving up/down..
I`m not so bothered about that the video is jerky, but that it stucks a little bit and then immediately goes back into it`s place...

Back when I was tryin to figure out my issue was, I powered everything up except starting the motors and began recording video. I held the a/c by hand out in front of me tilting and rolling it as to simulate a flight. I then watch the recorded video back to if movement of the gimbal alone displayed any interference. If so then look at flat cable for movement. You might also need to lightly press on wire harnesses to see if any interference is detected. Btw, as you probably already know, you must use a oem flat cable. Aftermarket flat cable's do not work as needed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl