P3P Motor Grinding

Cool [emoji1303]
I've done some further reading, mainly to get up to speed with this myself and also to be able to pass some info along to my tech friend who's helping me (although he might not need it) The first article was this P3P refuses to start upgrade process after forced downgrades · Issue #37 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub which shows some good info and some software downloads which might help, then there is this one repacking · Issue #3 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub which might come in handy if we need to do it over USB as it seems that Ambarella has a direct link to the gimbal USB port.
As I say, I know almost nothing about flashing firmware at chip level, apart from OSD reflashing on an Arduino board, so please forgive my ignorance, but am I looking in the right places?

I've done some further reading, mainly to get up to speed with this myself and also to be able to pass some info along to my tech friend who's helping me (although he might not need it) The first article was this P3P refuses to start upgrade process after forced downgrades · Issue #37 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub which shows some good info and some software downloads which might help, then there is this one repacking · Issue #3 · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools · GitHub which might come in handy if we need to do it over USB as it seems that Ambarella has a direct link to the gimbal USB port.
As I say, I know almost nothing about flashing firmware at chip level, apart from OSD reflashing on an Arduino board, so please forgive my ignorance, but am I looking in the right places?

And this one Flashing firmware on DaVinci media processors · mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

am I looking in the right places?

Yes, it looks like you do.

In the "Issues" you mentioned, they're often confusing Ambarella and DaVinci chips; probably because they were learning as they go. Anyway, there's an output from Ambarella serial console - you should check whether you can get similar output from your board.

Reactions: Pegasus Robin
Yes, it looks like you do.

In the "Issues" you mentioned, they're often confusing Ambarella and DaVinci chips; probably because they were learning as they go. Anyway, there's an output from Ambarella serial console - you should check whether you can get similar output from your board.
Cool! That's good news. I've been reading through some of the links and it's starting to make more sense as I go along. My mate says it's good info for him too so thats good.
I will take a look to see if there's an output too
Thanks again as always :)

Isn't that refurb from DJI under warranty? If you bought it in January it should be covered. I believe refurbs from DJI have the same 1yr warranty as new craft.

Isn't that refurb from DJI under warranty? If you bought it in January it should be covered. I believe refurbs from DJI have the same 1yr warranty as new craft.

According to the DJI website, the warranty for the gimbal is only for 6 months

Hi All,
I've been away from this thread for a few months until I solved the problem and had an update for you.
As it goes, my original board that I had when I started this thread was completely fried. We tried all the things listed here and was a complete no go in the end. I bought a broken gimbal which also had problems with the main board, but this time all that was required was a NAND Re-flash and hey presto, it works!
I want to thank all who contributed to this thread as it increased my learning about my P3P tenfold and the experience has been informative as well as taxing. I have learned not to mess with things unless they are completely broken and I will never take my gimbal apart again unless there is something really wrong, in which case I will ask my very good friend to help me again as these gimbals are hard work!
Anyway, happy flying to you all and all the best
Robin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing