P3P Gimbal Dial Stopped Talking to Bird

Reaction score
UPDATE** I've preserved the information below this update for reference.

***Controller firmware 1.9.2 for some reason, after weeks of flawless use, has made the gimbal dial on the controller inoperable.

After a firmware downgrade to 1.6, everything was fine, but I can not stand the nagging beeping. For some reason I can not upgrade or downgrade to 1.8

Forced to go back to 1.9.2 the gimbal dial is still not working.

So, I either have to use 1.6 and put up with the beeping or use 1.9.2 and no gimbal control.

Please help!!! This is extremely time consuming and frustrating.

During flight the gimbal stopped responding to the controller dial.

So far, and with no results, I have -
1.) Shut down and cold start everything. Gimbal start up routine is normal.
2.) Calibrated the controller. Process was normal and the APP was responsive to the gimbal dial calibration process.
3.) Disconnected and re-linked the controller to the bird.

Still no control

My next steps -
1.) Upgrade birdware from 1.10.90 to the July release
*** UPDATE
Bird now running 1.11.20 and still no gimbal control

2.) If the firmware update doesn't help then I will try swapping controllers from my other P3P and narrow it down from there.
*** I linked my other controller, running version 1.8.0 and it was able to control the gimbal.

The Controller running 1.9.2 will not control the gimbal on either bird.

I am tempted to roll back the 1.9.2 firmware, but why would it work for a few weeks and then stop mid flight??? That makes me think it is a hardware issue, but the controller has no problem communicating with the APP during the calibration process.

So I guess my current inventory = 2 working birds, one working controller and one controller with either an unknown problem.

Again, any input is much appreciated.

iPad mini 4
DJI Go ver 3.1.14
Gimbal dial issue Controller 1.9.2*** UPDATE - Rolled back to 1.6 and it is working again, although the annoying persistent beep needs to go. It will not allow me to download 1.8 - I guess I have to go back to 1.9.2 and see if it will still work.
Working fine Controller 1.8.0
P3P working fine 1.10.90
P3P working fine 1.11.20

Last edited:
Where is the beeping coming from, the RC or the AC?

It took my a long time to update and I panicked and stopped the update. Just was beeping from the AC. I started it again and left it alone for an hour and came back. It successfully updated.

I would also suggest you put one of your P3Ps aside and just work on one at a time. I think you are chasing your tail trying to mix and match.

Anyway, what is beeping?

Where is the beeping coming from, the RC or the AC?

It took my a long time to update and I panicked and stopped the update. Just was beeping from the AC. I started it again and left it alone for an hour and came back. It successfully updated.

I would also suggest you put one of your P3Ps aside and just work on one at a time. I think you are chasing your tail trying to mix and match.

Anyway, what is beeping?
Controller is beeping. When I roll back to 1.6 - 1.6 allows gimbal control but the beeping is constant.

Have you done a search on "RC beeping"?

There are several topic on this.

I would delete the Go App from your iPad and reinstall it. BTW I am also using an iPad mini 4 with cellular and it's working fine.

I would then update everything on one of your P3Ps and follow the video in the first thread to calibrate the RC.

I am not saying you did anything wrong but this will give you a clean. Really strange that you had the exact problem on 2 of the quads.

Even if you have done all this before please try it again. You have nothing to lose. Let us know what it's doing afterwards. Hopefully it works.

Once you have done this if it doesn't work don't do anything else. Report back here and see if we can help. Just post in this thread. You have 3 different threads going on the same thing. I know you did that out of frustration but just stick to this one. I am not saying I can solve your issue but at least we got some dialogue started.

Sorry for all the post but don't forget to re link the RC. Also even if you have the update process down pat print the update instructions.

I also searched all the forums and even the P4 has had the same issue. The fix seems to be the recalibration.

I would bet you stopped the update like I did the first time because it was taking so long then at some point you forgot to re-link the RC. I did all this also. I just didn't get hosed up like you did trying to downgrade the software. You got yourself hosed up. Ok, I'll stop until you try this and report back.

UPDATE** I've preserved the information below this update for reference.

***Controller firmware 1.9.2 for some reason, after weeks of flawless use, has made the gimbal dial on the controller inoperable.

After a firmware downgrade to 1.6, everything was fine, but I can not stand the nagging beeping. For some reason I can not upgrade or downgrade to 1.8

Forced to go back to 1.9.2 the gimbal dial is still not working.

So, I either have to use 1.6 and put up with the beeping or use 1.9.2 and no gimbal control.

Please help!!! This is extremely time consuming and frustrating.

During flight the gimbal stopped responding to the controller dial.

So far, and with no results, I have -
1.) Shut down and cold start everything. Gimbal start up routine is normal.
2.) Calibrated the controller. Process was normal and the APP was responsive to the gimbal dial calibration process.
3.) Disconnected and re-linked the controller to the bird.

Still no control

My next steps -
1.) Upgrade birdware from 1.10.90 to the July release
*** UPDATE
Bird now running 1.11.20 and still no gimbal control

2.) If the firmware update doesn't help then I will try swapping controllers from my other P3P and narrow it down from there.
*** I linked my other controller, running version 1.8.0 and it was able to control the gimbal.

The Controller running 1.9.2 will not control the gimbal on either bird.

I am tempted to roll back the 1.9.2 firmware, but why would it work for a few weeks and then stop mid flight??? That makes me think it is a hardware issue, but the controller has no problem communicating with the APP during the calibration process.

So I guess my current inventory = 2 working birds, one working controller and one controller with either an unknown problem.

Again, any input is much appreciated.

iPad mini 4
DJI Go ver 3.1.14
Gimbal dial issue Controller 1.9.2*** UPDATE - Rolled back to 1.6 and it is working again, although the annoying persistent beep needs to go. It will not allow me to download 1.8 - I guess I have to go back to 1.9.2 and see if it will still work.
Working fine Controller 1.8.0
P3P working fine 1.10.90
P3P working fine 1.11.20

Do you mean you can't find 1.8 to download?
If so let me know and I'll send it.
I haven't upgraded since 1.8.0 and all is good

Please do!! I have a hunch that 1.8 will be the answer. I suspect I may have skipped 1.8 - Although I am still mystified why the latest firmware worked fine for a while, only to stop controlling the gimbal mid flight! Thank you

Have you done a search on "RC beeping"?

There are several topic on this.

I would delete the Go App from your iPad and reinstall it. BTW I am also using an iPad mini 4 with cellular and it's working fine.

I would then update everything on one of your P3Ps and follow the video in the first thread to calibrate the RC.

I am not saying you did anything wrong but this will give you a clean. Really strange that you had the exact problem on 2 of the quads.

Even if you have done all this before please try it again. You have nothing to lose. Let us know what it's doing afterwards. Hopefully it works.

The beeping comes from the RC no matter what. iPad / no iPad, connect to AC / disconnected from AC

I'm curious how you are able to send RC FW 1.8 and also how it would be installed on an RC. What's your secret sir? ;)

The beeping comes from the RC no matter what. iPad / no iPad, connect to AC / disconnected from AC
Have you already tried an RC calibration (not gimbal calibration) that was suggested in one of your other threads on this topic? An RC calibration has often been noted here on the forum to help when an RC is beeping. It's worth a try since it's so simple to do.

Please do!! I have a hunch that 1.8 will be the answer. I suspect I may have skipped 1.8 - Although I am still mystified why the latest firmware worked fine for a while, only to stop controlling the gimbal mid flight! Thank you
Will upload to Dropbox when I get to work later foday

I'm curious how you are able to send RC FW 1.8 and also how it would be installed on an RC. What's your secret sir? ;)

I have the file saved in my computer from when I installed it.
If anyone needs it I will just upload it to Dropbox
You have RC firmware saved on your computer? Are you sure you're not confusing that with the readily available AC firmware?

It does both AC and RC via USB card
Unfortunately, the RC has not been able to update via USB card for about two years now since FW 1.32. Since then, it is updated via the app.

Unfortunately, the RC has not been able to update via USB card for about two years now since FW 1.3.2. Since then, it is updated via the app.
I did 1.3 , 1.4 , 1.5 , 1.6 , 1.7 and 1.8 via USB and then stopped updating ???
If you updated your RC with all of those FW versions using a USB stick, then you sir are not using the same type of RC that the rest of us are using. For everyone else, it's not possible to update our RC's with a USB stick after FW1.3.2. I wish we could.

Of course, updating your AC with an SD card is perfectly normal and we all do it that way.

You do know that RC means remote controller, yes? ;)

Last edited:
If you updated your RC with all of those FW versions using a USB stick, then you sir are not using the same type of RC that the rest of us are using. For everyone else, it's not possible to update our RC's with a USB stick after FW1.3.2. I wish we could.

Of course, updating your AC with an SD card is perfectly normal and we all do it that way.

You do know that RC means remote controller, yes? ;)

I'm using a 300A and have always done it by USB right up until I stopped updating at 1.8.
I set my tablet to not connect to the internet so they couldn't do any sneaky updates so USB was the only way.
BTW I also know that AC means aircraft :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT