Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3A demand or shortage - rumour

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Mako79, May 21, 2015.

1. Mako79

My original purchase was from an EBay Seller that promised the 23rd May. I ended up getting it from a store as they had physical stock (and I couldn't keep my knickers on).

This was a message from the ebay seller.
    "DJI are planning discontinue the Advanced model because the demand is low. This decision has put a strain in the delivery process. Our distributors haven't yet recieved the P3 which means no reseller in Australia will have it. The new ETA is early June."

I also read someone said that are no longer producing P3A as they cannot keep up with the P3P demands. Has anyone else heard this?

The seller and I are from Aus btw. I hope this (rumour) doesn't cause mass hysteria.

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd wait for confirmation before believing this.
    It wouldn't be the first time that seller's comments or forum chatter have turned out to be mistaken.
    I just got word my P3A is in the country and arriving soon - but I also heard that 2 weeks ago : )

3. ELHEAPO

i have heard a similar story over here in the uk the dji dealer told me they are putting all there resources into the p3p not sure why but i would expect its because of demand. so get your advanced models while you can!!

4. damitjim

Sounds like an excuse to me... DJI is still selling it on their website. That either means they have inventory to sell or plan to have inventory to sell. If they have inventory, why aren't the orders being fulfilled. If they don't and they're dropping it, why advertise it? http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-advanced

5. Dome

Without an official statement from DJI this are only speculations... but it's absolutely possible that production plant has some problem to satisfy the orders placed all around the world about P3A and P3P. On the other hand, it may be also possible that HD camera of P3A is not delivered for the moment by the supplier (due to delay, tech problems, sensors, lens or whatever), so they go straight ahead with P3P where they have all parts ... Just my 2 cents.

6. apocnz

I walked into a local camera store (Perth, Australia) and brought my P3 Advanced ... (wasn't planning to, but when I saw it, sexy technological impulse buying powers took over my brain).

Was planning original to order a P3P in a couple of months, kind of glad I didn't now, given the amount of people crying about how bad the 4k wobbles ..

7. nirvine88

Wait are they discontinuing the advanced for good?

8. robinb

No, they are on a 5 day leadtime from factory.

9. damitjim

You work there or something?

10. Hovtech

The other side of this story could be that the advanced sold so well, they ran out of them.

Bigdz likes this.
  11. F6Rider

Well, DJI sent me mine 3 days ago, so I am happy..... I would be happier if my other 2 batteries would get here.