P3 Standard is so fun for a beginner like me.

Reaction score
When I asked if this would be a good starter drone a lot of people told me no because its too pricey and to start with a toy. I think that its the opposite its one of the best started quads because its so easy to fly.

I taught my mom (52) to fly it in a few minutes and she doesn't even have a touch screen phone. She's still on Windows XP!.

These things practically fly themselves, the range is pretty great I've gotten 2,500 feet pretty easily but I didn't wanna push it much further.

Do you guys think for $329-$400 this is the best drone on the market? The Xiaomi Mi 4k is about the same price but the first review I watched the guy lost video feed completely instantly and even though it seems like a great quad I don't know if it has the reliability of a DJI.

I agree 100% that the Phantom 3 Standard is the best entry level drone you can buy. I bought a refurb from Newegg for less than $300 and haven't had any issues with it (looked like new to me).

I agree 100% that the Phantom 3 Standard is the best entry level drone you can buy. I bought a refurb from Newegg for less than $300 and haven't had any issues with it (looked like new to me).

Less then 300!! thats amazing dude, I did miss a sale by just a few hours it was on dji's ebay page @ $329 that morning and by the time I got my paycheck around 5pm it was over and back up to $400.

I got mine for almost a year and I have no issues. 40 flights so far and very happy with it. I don't fly every weekend because I am very busy with a full time job and the weather also sometimes doesn't cooperate.

I bought the P3A originally and it’s a great drone. That being said, if doing it again I’d have purchased the P3S first. It has become my go to everyday drone. Mine is also a refurbished, over a year and no issues. May I suggest the Litchi app, a parabolic range extender and the Magic Power upgrade. These upgrades are cheap or free and really enhance your quality of flying..

A friend was moving to NYC so he persuaded me to buy his P3S for $250. I had no idea what I was getting into.

You can be happy to get the P3S for 250 bucks. You can use this with in the maximal range. If a copter very expensive then the range will be very short.
Not technical but in the mind of the pilot does not want to lose it. :grinning:

Got my P3S last year at a silent auction at my son’s school, I stood by the bid sheet and raised the bid by $5 every time someone else bid, ended up paying $280. Love it!

Got my P3S last year at a silent auction at my son’s school, I stood by the bid sheet and raised the bid by $5 every time someone else bid, ended up paying $280. Love it!
If it was brand new, that was a steal... Even if it's refurbished from factory.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94