P3 pro Vs mavic pro

Reaction score
Looking to sell my P3 pro to get a Mavic pro or platinum is this a good idea or not

That depends on what your intentions are, they are completely different drones with different characteristics. What is making you consider this?

Size was the biggest factor looking at something I could carry in my side-by-side and traveling. And they seem to be much quieter

That's really the only advantage I can appreciate ... Size and portability.

We have a couple of Mavic's in the club and a very mixed regard for them ... lets say the regard overall has not justified their purchase. But all the P3 guys are happy.... even those with P3S.

I know for me - I like the heavier, larger design of the P3 ... and I have seen in gusty winds definite differences of the Mavic vs P3 ... the P3 being far more stable.

One of the Mavics is now starting to show its age with the leg pivots ...

Nigel

I use my Mavic Platinum nearly every single day and I have not taken any of my P3's (Pro and Standard) out of their cases in months other than doing monthly inspections etc.

The portability, lower noise, and increased flight time were all no brainers for me and how I work on a daily basis.

Size was the biggest factor looking at something I could carry in my side-by-side and traveling. And they seem to be much quieter

The MP is really small when packed up - very portable. Drone, controller, 3 batteries and all the odd and ends fit nicely into a mini Smatree case I have. It's amazing it all packs down that small when I compare it to a P3 or P4. Noticeably quieter as well.

The trade-off is camera quality. It's good enough for what I do, but if you're into more pro level stuff I suspect you'd have more stringent requirements than average Joe shooters such as myself. The M2P seems to be changing the game a bit, however.

The MP is really small when packed up - very portable. Drone, controller, 3 batteries and all the odd and ends fit nicely into a mini Smatree case I have. It's amazing it all packs down that small when I compare it to a P3 or P4. Noticeably quieter as well.

The trade-off is camera quality. It's good enough for what I do, but if you're into more pro level stuff I suspect you'd have more stringent requirements than average Joe shooters such as myself. The M2P seems to be changing the game a bit, however.

Hi there,
I thought the camera quality was the same as the P3P.
For Portability and also perhaps lower noise, I have been looking at the Mavic Air.
My reasoning is, if I’ve got a coat on, it would fit in my pocket, my phantom three needs a big square backpack.
So in the way that I take 95% of my pictures with my iPhone nowadays and my SLR gets left at home I wondered if a Mavic Air would have the same affect?
The iPhone does not contain such a good camera as my SLR is, but it gets the shot at every opportunity, also have to say the video is very good.

Reactions: DMcNamara

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164