P3 ignores mission speed

Reaction score
Just had a big scare. Flew a waypoint mission with all points set to 33.6mph (max speed). But instead P3 flew at constant 17mph speed. There was no wind at all... Barely made it back (lost signal)... Any ideas why speed got stuck at 17?

What app were you using? If Litchi, were ANY of your waypoint speeds set to 17? If so, and you lose RC contact, the mission will continue at the speed it was traveling when it lost contact. If you had the mission settings cruising speed set to 17 mph and you missed changing just one waypoint speed, it'll default to the cruising speed AND if that was the last waypoint where you had RC contact, the rest of the mission would have flown at 17 mph (just theorizing here).

Also, any gimbal angle changes based on a POI will not occur once it loses RC contact (not Litchi's fault - the DJI SDK doesn't allow it).

If you were using Litchi, what did you have highlighted under heading, cruising speed, and max flight speed?

Last edited:
Yup I used Litchi. Some further waypoints were set to cruising speed which is now that I checked is actually close to 17mph.
I do know about gimbal not working when out of range (discovered it recently), but I had no idea that speed is also not controlled when out of range...
Still, when I started I was in range, first 2 way-points had speed set to 33.6 Mph. Must've been some kind of glitch...

Yup I used Litchi. Some further waypoints were set to cruising speed which is now that I checked is actually close to 17mph.
I do know about gimbal not working when out of range (discovered it recently), but I had no idea that speed is also not controlled when out of range...
Still, when I started I was in range, first 2 way-points had speed set to 33.6 Mph. Must've been some kind of glitch...
I did a 2 mi mission and when it started, a screen popped up telling me that if it loses RC contact, the speed will continue at the programmed speed of the last waypoint before losing contact. I don't think it's a glitch. I think you lost contact AFTER a waypoint that was set to the cruising speed of 17 so it stayed at that speed throughout the rest of the mission.

Nope that's not what happened. First waypoint was right above my launchpad. And it was set to 33.6 Mph. Second was also set to 33.6Mph. I watched as it flew from first to second at 17Mph. I lost signal after 2nd waypoint...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl