P3 4K Transmitter Wont Power On.

Maybe it turns off automatically only if you turn it on and it doesn't link to the AC for 5+5 minutes. Maybe you put it away when it was on (after use) and in such case it never shuts down...
Anyways, lots of "maybe" in this case, I'm glad everything is working now but keep your eyes open as we made a lot of assumptions... and we might be totally off.

I can confirm the RC beeps after a while if I'm forgetting to switch it off following a flight session ending. But I never waited to see if it shuts off by itself after 5+5 min, but jumped to the backpack and switched the RC off manually.
Thumbs up @120CCPM for your LiPo knowledge sharing !

Powers itself off? Good to know.

Full charge in an hour?
That seems odd, Maybe something loose.

I don't think the P3S will shut itself off.

Rod
Keep in ind this is a p34k transmitter. With that in mind I I need to amend the thread title to reflect that.

thanks all for responses. I amended the thread title to make the model type more specific. I'll try linking the aircraft to tx today, shut down aircraft and see if tx still goes thru beep cycle to test 120ccpm's thought.

Maybe it turns off automatically only if you turn it on and it doesn't link to the AC for 5+5 minutes. Maybe you put it away when it was on (after use) and in such case it never shuts down...
Anyways, lots of "maybe" in this case, I'm glad everything is working now but keep your eyes open as we made a lot of assumptions... and we might be totally off.
Lots of maybes, and some good thoughts!

Rod

Keep in ind this is a p34k transmitter. With that in mind I I need to amend the thread title to reflect that.
I new it was a 4K, but yes, good idea!

Rod

I powered up both aircraft and tx today. then powered p3 down and waited. TX started beeping after 5 min, so linking to aircraft doesn't cancel the beeps. Wonder if one of the sticks on tx was impinged after I put it back in the original case for transport, keeping it from beeping? Tx powered up fine this am, and showed three lights as it did last night.

The tests you did seem to indicate that our theory (RC left on -> battery drained too low for the RC to detect and charge it -> battery voltage raising enough for RC to detect it) is likely wrong, as nice and plausible it was. I'd personally open a ticket with DJI anyways, explaining them what happened, and telling them that everything is working fine now: they might give you a possible explanation, offer to replace the RC or just tell you to wait and see, but at least you have a record of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart