P2V carry on bag and tips - need some help

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This summer I will be flying to Greece (Aegean Airlines) or Turkey (WizzAir) with my family and I would love to bring my P2V to film some shots. What do you recommend for me to carry it in and what should I know before boarding ?

Should I buy a special carry case ?

Should I buy some Lipo pouches ? How many Lipos can I take with me on the plane ?
I've read the batteries shouldnt be above 100 Wh and the P2s are only 50-60 Wh.

Should I put the remote on the carry on bag also ? (I have an ITELITE fitted on it).

I really don't know whats the best way to carry a P2V this way.

I also need to bring my Nikon DSLR and 2-3 lenses so I really have think about how to pack them all.

Thanks !

hi @bernek

Take a look at this thread I started last year when I took my P2V to the Caribbean, may be of some use to you. I had no problems with my V2 & two batteries. These were all taken on as hand luggage.

Have a read...

Airport/plane log. How I get on.

Reactions: dirkclod and bernek
Ah well you had no problems. I hope I wont be flying with a low cost company they are a little "different" when it comes to lipo batteries.

I would give the airline a call & see what they've got to say about it.

Even when I arrived in America, Miami airport, I thought that's where the fun would start but again no problems.

I wish you all the best & hope you don't have any problems.

I would give the airline a call & see what they've got to say about it.

Even when I arrived in America, Miami airport, I thought that's where the fun would start but again no problems.

I wish you all the best & hope you don't have any problems.

Thank you very much !

Reactions: Clampit
Your more than welcome, hope it goes your way with taking your V2 on the plane.;)

I really hope so also I don't want to be force to check in at the cargo bay. I will ask a friend to come with me to airport and when I go past security if they comment about it and don't want to leave me take it on the plane I will prefer to give it to him to bring it back home.

Either way would be a nice thing to be able to film some nice family videos with my wife and my lovely little girl from the sky :)

Reactions: Clampit
I absolutely enjoyed taking my P2V to the Caribbean, loved flying it on the beach, got some great photos. Don't know how far you read on my thread but the only problem I encountered while being there was, for some unknown reason I couldn't calibrate my compass... I tried everything but with no luck. I thought bringing it all that way & not flying it was a crime so I flow it & took a chance, all worked brilliantly, that was also flying over the carribean sea.

It did attract a lot of attention from the locals but they loved it.

I absolutely enjoyed taking my P2V to the Caribbean, loved flying it on the beach, got some great photos. Don't know how far you read on my thread but the only problem I encountered while being there was, for some unknown reason I couldn't calibrate my compass... I tried everything but with no luck. I thought bringing it all that way & not flying it was a crime so I flow it & took a chance, all worked brilliantly, that was also flying over the carribean sea.

It did attract a lot of attention from the locals but they loved it.

Since getting home has it calibrated ok?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl