P2V Camera Bricked on Failed Firmware Update

Reaction score
I attempted a firmware update for the P2V camera to 1.1.8. The firmware update did not complete properly and now the P2V camera is bricked. The status LED on the camera is constant red (or orange) regardless of switch position. There is no connectivity to the camera at all. According to the manual, a red LED means a "critical error" and requires a "factory reset."

This happened about 15 days ago and I have searched and searched the forums with no luck. I have also emailed DJI tech support 3 times now without single reply from them. I purchased the P2V direct from DJI, so there is no dealer I can turn to. I am now going on 3 weeks with a broken Phantom and no help or hope of getting it fixed. This has turned a $1,200 purchase into a very frustrating experience. I would not recommend this product to others based on how easily it can be bricked and the lack of responsiveness from the maker.

I would appreciate any help I can get. If anyone knows (a) how to reach DJI tech support, or (b) what a factory camera reset is, or (c) how a user might do a factory reset on the camera, or (d) any other resource I might turn to to get my P2V flying again I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pull_up, thank you for the number. I will give it a try. I imagine dji is busy, but really could use their help to get flying again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl