Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2 won't start up

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by jaywils, May 1, 2014.

1. jaywils

I have a Phantom 2 which has flown perfectly and never crashed, i.e., no physical damage. Today it would not start up properly (not all green lights) then all lights went out. I restarted it with the same results. I swapped batteries, with the same results. Then I plugged the P2 in to my pc via usb but the NAZA-M-V2 app would not recognize it (no remote control response), even though I heard the USB connect beep, but the gimbal will respond to the angle control on the remote. I restarted the pc and got the same negative results. I have calibrated the P2 before and the firmware is current as of a month ago.

Also, while it was plugged in to the usb, after a few minutes the props suddenly started spinning as if I had given it the start up command. I shut down the battery to stop it.

Jay
    Santa Cruz, CA

2. 4wd

4wd

Perhaps try an exorcism, it seems to have gained consciousness.

3. ElGuano

Wow, it arms just sitting there on its own? What was the state of your TX at the time?

4. jaywils

Yes, just sitting there. The controller was on but untouched. I remember warnings to remove the props with the P1 when connected, so now I know why. The gimbal control does work but all the NAZA parameter info is just blank.

I'm going with the exorcism thing...

5. jaywils

I talked to DJI Tech Support. They thought it was a major hardware problem, not possession. We'll see about that. Either way, it's covered, but there's a four week turnaround.

Droneless in Santa Cruz

6. ElGuano

Sounds like you're being taken care of? That's good, and glad you identified it and got it resolved In a fairly non-dangerous situation!