P2 with Zenmuse H43D gimbal thoughts

Reaction score
I first installed my Zenmuse H43D gimbal on my Phantom 2 with the four included nylon "nails" that were provided. I soon noticed that two of them interfered with gimbal travel when using my GoPro H3+ Black camera. So, as seen on several Youtube videos, I removed two of the "nails" on opposing corners only to find that I STILL had interference with one of two remaining, and occasionally had to reinstall the two unsecured mounts after a moderate landing. I'm using the white insulators which I seem to prefer, so got the idea to simply not use the "nails", but use small nylon ties instead. This solved the interference issues, but I was still having the two unsecured insulators coming loose occasionally. So I first tried twist ties on all four mounts with perfect results. Not satisfied with that, I used heavy cotton sewing thread to secure all four points with even greater success and a cleaner look. Now I enjoy full travel of the gimbal as it should be, and no worries about the insulators coming loose again!

I got my P2/Zenmuse in July. I did hear/read that only putting the "nails" on opposite corners was recommended, so that's what I did, and haven't had a problem. I also heard about twist-ties, but haven't felt the need to change over. I also heard/read that the ties shouldn't be tight, just loose enough for a little movement, but not loose enough to worry about the gimbal coming off.

I am using the white dampers as well.

I got my P2/Zenmuse in July. I did hear/read that only putting the "nails" on opposite corners was recommended, so that's what I did, and haven't had a problem. I also heard about twist-ties, but haven't felt the need to change over. I also heard/read that the ties shouldn't be tight, just loose enough for a little movement, but not loose enough to worry about the gimbal coming off.

I am using the white dampers as well.

Not advisable to use twist-ties but loose zip ties work great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl