P2 Vision+ Battery fault

Reaction score
So,
I received a P2V+ as a present. It was a present and the person who gave it to me didn't know how much it was used (second hand). It came with two (supposedly) original batteries and I was surprised to see that they were both at 2 and 1 cycles respectively. So, two days later I went to fly and... About 20-30 seconds in the flight, the drone status lights started blinking red, the app engaged the low battery chime and red screen border flash and the percentage started violently dropping (90-80-40% in a matter of <10sec). Happens both in Phantom AND Naza-M modes. It had 1 cycle prior to me owning it. The other battery works perfectly good, so it's not the drone. No pre-flight symptoms, or anything in the pc software. Any one else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hook it up to your DJI software, and check the status on your battery cells. More than likely you're going to find that you have one or more bad cells. A good battery, the cells should be within 7 to 10 points of each other. Make sure you check this with a full battery charge. You might try running your battery down to 50% and then letting it sit for a couple of days. This might stabilize the cells. But usually when a cell goes bad, it doesn't come back. Also, it's a good idea not to discharge a new battery under 50% for the first 10 discharge cycles. Good luck.

You might try discharging the battery to near zero. Recharge it and you should be good to go. However to get to near zero is the issue. Start your quad and let it run till the quad props shut down then sit it till the quad shuts down. At this point you should be at 5% battery or less. Lipos get a memory if they aren't used for awhile when fully charged. The only way to clear it is through total discharge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart