Out of the Box the battery is dead

So if you send a DOA battery back to DJI and they send you a replacement that's also DOA, what does that say about their own "Quality Assurance" corporate culture ? This is different from manufacturing "Quality Control". Especially since all they have to do is push a button or check for blinking light (connected) to verify before shipping.

Had this happen to me when purchasing P4 batteries at Best Buy. ......

So, I returned by first bad battery and they gave me a new one with a new receipt. I stood there at the counter and opened it and the replacement was a dud too. So, I returned the replacement and bought a third battery.After I was issued a receipt, I opened it up and got lights. Finally I could go home. The Best Buy people were pleasant throughout.

Good idea and it makes the most sense to get the battery that way.

AD

Went to Best Buy and got it replaced. It's ok now. Thanks guys for the inputs.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Old thread, but I have same issue from one I just bought at Best Buy. Did you bring the Phantom back to Best Buy for them to replace the battery, or just bring the battery back for exchange? Thanks

Old thread, but I have same issue from one I just bought at Best Buy. Did you bring the Phantom back to Best Buy for them to replace the battery, or just bring the battery back for exchange? Thanks

Why would you bring the aircraft back?

Bring the entire thing back. They might not swap just the battery.
Because with Best Buy exchange it’s usually the entire item. They generally can’t pull a battery off the shelf just to swap that. It’s up to the store I think.

Not to return the aircraft, just not sure what best buy would require to replace the battery. Just wanted to verify that if I just brought in the receipt from where I bought the phantom yesterday, along with the dead battery, that that would be all that's required.

Bring the entire thing back. They might not swap just the battery.

Because with Best Buy exchange it’s usually the entire item. They generally can’t pull a battery off the shelf just to swap that.
I'll prepare for the return just in case. I haven't even been able to power the phantom on because the battery was dead out of the box. Thanks

I'll prepare for the return just in case. I haven't even been able to power the phantom on because the battery was dead out of the box. Thanks
I just got out of Best Buy, and they do require you to bring the whole package back because the battery is bad. So I will get a whole new one.

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94