Out of box, wont calibrate and flashes yellow, green, red!

Reaction score
Just received new Phantom yesterday. Have followed instructions, out of box updated firmware to 3.16, tried to advance calibrate as it said it needed to, but it comes up with error message that either too hot and to allow to cool, (even if we leave it for more than that) or that there's too much interference.

When powering up, the transmitter constantly beeps every second and the Phantom flashes Yellow, Orange, Red continuously and basically nothing happens!

After a day of head scratching and reading conflicting manuals and video's, I'm stumped!

Any ideas what's going on here, and where to make a start to solve the problems?!

Many Thanks!

Re: Out of box, wont calibrate and flashes yellow, green, re

Read it carefully and follow to the T.
Took me twice and finally worked.
The guys at Dronefly did a great job and thanks!!

Thanks for this info.

Have followed it numerous times but although is completes the advanced calibration process, well, it puts a tick next to it so presume its done, there's still a warning symbol, and error 27 - 'GPS not calibrated or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS in good condition' Ive tried it on different computers in different places and still the same.

Any ideas?!

Thanks

aprilmedia said:
Thanks for this info.

Have followed it numerous times but although is completes the advanced calibration process, well, it puts a tick next to it so presume its done, there's still a warning symbol, and error 27 - 'GPS not calibrated or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS in good condition' Ive tried it on different computers in different places and still the same.

Any ideas?!

Thanks

Take the Phantom outside and do the Compass initialization dance. Sounds like the system isn't happy with the compass positional info.
The compass isn't really a compass in the conventional sense, it's a fixed reference point the system uses along with the GPS to establish the orientation of the airframe. If you lose this reference the Phantom doesn't track correctly in IOC and can behave erratically both autonomously and in response to user command inputs.

I agree, go outside and calibrate the compass.
Also, you can not get IOC to work until the compass is calibrated. Once you calibrate it, connect to the computer again then check the IOC box.
You're close, don't give up.

Thanks for suggestions all....Have tried to calibrate outside.

Stage 1 works, horizontally and the green light comes on, and then when complete the vertical turn, it starts to flash red, green, orange !

Still... we've moved forward a step I guess!

Horizontal works fine on the vertical I had to turn mine at least a dozen times before it finally calibrated.
Keep trying your close!

Update.. Finally after hours and hours, we have some kind of success with the calibration. I think its OK, although the IMU calibration mod setting for the compass is registering around 1900. It says in the help that it is usually between -500 and +500 and if its over 2250 then there's a problem possibly with magnetization of the compass that needs degaussing. So is 1900 an acceptable number do you think?

So just to be sure before I take it for its inaugural flight, as the manuals don't seem to say this, at the moment, the light continually blinks slow green when in Atti mode and slow yellow when in GPS mode, and the reds that flash in between this occasionally are indicating the number of satellites as per the manual. Is that correct?

Many Thanks

compass raw x and y should be -500 to 500 mod should be around 1600. lights should blink green in gps and yellow in atti

Finally! Success - we're in the air! about 30 calibration attempts and it suddenly started working!
Thanks to all for your posts, most helpful and much appreciated. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl