OSD mini connecting to P 1

Reaction score
Hi I am installing a CanBus for OSD on my Phantom 1 Via diagram/video I found on this forum; I need a advise regarding video in-out harness ? From Phantom I have 3 wires brown ,yellow and red ; OSD harness has 4 wires ,two brown yellow and red .
Should I connect all browns together or add extra brown to Phantom to keep input and output ground separate ? Thanks for respond

I don't know why you're installing the CanBus,. think all you need is the single PMU2. (unless you want to run BTU and Zenmuse)

Are you doing the FPV with the Zenmuse?

if it's just a regular GoPro gimbal, the grounds do not mix, you get a signal+ground from the GoPro, and then a signal+ground goes out to the Video Tx.

Paul K said:
OSD harness has 4 wires ,two brown yellow and red .

I think you are looking at the wrong cable...the harness for the iOSD mini has 2 yellow (one input, one output) and two brown (one input, one output). The input leads to the iOSD should be connected to the matching color leads from the Phantom board (yellow/single brown). No red wires should be connected to the iOSD.

Basically you're trying to duplicate this cable (use the pic as a reference if it helps): http://www.firstpersonview.com/cables/p ... ransmitter

Thanks for reply, sorry for late respond. I was confused because my P1 with upgrade board has only 3 wires and P 2 has 4 wires.
I started by installing Can-bus on P1 ,than hook up tx for FPV and connect iOSD mini ,solder everything together ,upgrade firmware to P1
,upgrade i OSD calibrate compas/gps advance IMU calibration , RX calibration,test flight without gimbal and camera. Attached Gimbal and GoPro 3 and another few test flights. So far everything works OK ( I didn't checked OSD display in detail ,but I will do they next ) Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves