Ordering from DJI.COM

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience ordering directly with DJI? I notice they're $10 more than some other dealers.

I'm trying to figure out what authorized dji vendor I can buy from at the $969 price that I will definitely receive before April 30th.

On their site their shipping information is sort of strange.

Start to ship on and after Apr.15th.2014
Available to ship: 3-5 working days

Does this mean it will ship in 3-5 days? or April 15th? Or 3-5 days after April 15th? etc

Dji tries to ship from their warehouse in the US when possible, but the high demand products are never in stock, so you will receive it from China. Takes longer shipping than most dealers.

I just placed my order directly with DJI since all other dealers were out of stock. Lets see how long it takes.

thedjiguy said:
Dji tries to ship from their warehouse in the US when possible, but the high demand products are never in stock, so you will receive it from China. Takes longer shipping than most dealers.

I've also heard that DJI will try to have a dealer nearest to you drop ship it for them and then they rec'd the credit for the sale.

EMCSQUAR said:
thedjiguy said:

I've also heard that DJI will try to have a dealer nearest to you drop ship it for them and then they rec'd the credit for the sale.

No, not usually. DJI is slow and takes for ever. They don't care enough to drop ship anything for you unless their rocking an exclusive deal with a distributor. April 30th sounds about right. I'd say 2 weeks from now expect orders to be shipping. Hopefully they stick to their word.

nintendrone64 said:
EMCSQUAR said:
thedjiguy said:

No, not usually. DJI is slow and takes for ever. They don't care enough to drop ship anything for you unless their rocking an exclusive deal with a distributor. April 30th sounds about right. I'd say 2 weeks from now expect orders to be shipping. Hopefully they stick to their word.

This just in: I read a post that stated a fellow ORDERED FROM DJI, and received his TODAY!
I don't know how many people share the same story though...

Great news!!!! DJI Is right on schedule I ordered Monday and it was shipped today!!! Can't wait to put it to use!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 9.23.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 9.23.25 AM.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 1,093
GETTING IT TOMORROW!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 9.51.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 9.51.41 AM.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 1,026
I live in Canada...does anyone know if I'll be charged GST/HST when ordering from DJI.com directly?

I just tentatively placed a P2/H3-3D combo in my DJI.com cart, and it shows $959 USD plus about $101 USD shipping fees. However, "Taxes" shows as $0.00.

On the other hand, their Shipping FAQ does say this....:

"How do I calculate shipping costs?

Total expense include VAT and other necessary costs. You will not need to pay extra fees unless you change the delivery address through your courier."

.....and this:

"Are there any additional fees involved in international shipping?

Shipping costs include VAT and duties, but if the delivery address is changed through the courier this will incur additional charges. These charges will be paid by the recipient."

So, I'm just wondering whether I'll be charged the 15% HST tax if I order.

I've been trying to take advantage of the reduced( $579.00 )
price on the new and improved Phantom 2 (whatever it's called) by ordering directly from DJI using the DJI store. After placing my order, giving all the usual credit card, address, phone number etc... I received an email indicating that I would need to include a scanned copy of my bank statement, or a scanned copy of my current drivers license in order to prove that I was who I said I was...??? Is this standard practice when ordering from DJI directly? Having never ordered from China I'm a bit concerned. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Upon my refusal to submit the required information, I asked that my order be cancelled. DJI complied...Is there a U.S.A. retailer who has these updated Phantom 2's in stock? Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl