Ocusync is better than lightbridge?

Reaction score
I don't know why P4P that is more expensive than mavic pro doesn't have ocusync, lightbridge is better?
Mavic pro has better transmission than phantom 4

I don't know why P4P that is more expensive than mavic pro doesn't have ocusync, lightbridge is better?
Mavic pro has better transmission than phantom 4

Well it is a bit more complicated than that:
  • The best DJI video feed technology currently available is LightBridge 2. It is a true 1080p dual-signal stream video downlink system, used by the Inspire 2. This system gives a very clean high definition image and is also very resilient to interference.
  • The P4P is using a somewhat simplified version, called LightBridge 1.5, which while being a dual-frequency system, is only capable of transferring at max 720p.
  • The P4 (and the P3A and P3P) use the much simpler LightBridge 1, which is a single-frequency 720p system.
  • OcuSync is a completely different system, optimized for low latency, but achieves this by sacrificing resolution and image quality. OcuSync is primarily intended for fast action drone racing with FPV goggles where the transferred image quality is not as important as low latency.
As you see, it is not easy to compare LightBridge with OcuSync, but roughly here it goes:

OcuSync is equal to or slightly better than LightBridge 1, but is inferior to LightBridge 1.5. LightBridge 2 wipes the floor clean with OcuSync.

Last edited:
The P4P is more expensive because it has a much better camera, and if memory serves it has more extensive obstacle avoidance sensors.

And? How does this relates to Occusync and Lightbridge?
Apologies, can't seem to edit on Tapatalk, seems I missed the OP's question speculating the transmission tech was the culprit for price points.

Ocu-sync has another unique feature. It can transmit is video wireless to multiple receivers. The upcoming goggles will take advantage of that.
Exactly, this is very useful for things like fast paced drone racing or amateur drone flying for fun, but maybe not quite so much for architectural or landscape photography or commercial movie filming.

Exactly, this is very useful for things like fast paced drone racing or amateur drone flying for fun, but maybe not quite so much for architectural or landscape photography or commercial movie filming.
Yeh was thinking about a Mavic aswell,,a friend got one goes alright to..Mavic is $1900 here at moment cheaper than p4 or p4p....they are just small:)

Really? A Mavic here in Sweden costs $1300, while you can get a Phantom 4 for $1000. The P4Pro is $1900.
1491556419240174567357.jpg
I get all my stuff from here,,,nowlleming...dearest shop in the world...but I like to have receipt,,,good prove of purchase....nearly had a stroke when I brought a SD card:oops:...but it all worth it:)

• The best DJI video feed technology currently available is LightBridge 2. It is a true 1080p dual-signal stream video downlink system, used by the Inspire 2. This system gives a very clean high definition image and is also very resilient to interference.
  • The P4P is using a somewhat simplified version, called LightBridge 1.5, which while being a dual-signal system, is only capable of transferring at max 720p.
  • The P4 (and the P3A and P3P) is using the much simpler LightBridge 1, which is a single-signal 720p system.
  • OcuSync is a completely different system, optimized for low latency, but achieves this by sacrificing resolution and image quality. OcuSync is primarily intended for fast action drone racing with FPV goggles where the transferred image quality is not as important as low latency.
As you see, it is not easy to compare LightBridge with OcuSync, but roughly here it goes:

OcuSync is equal to or slightly better than LightBridge 1, but is inferior to LightBridge 1.5. LightBridge 2 wipes the floor clean with OcuSync.
What do you mean by "dual signal system"?

It uses both 5.7GHz and 2.4GHz. The old LightBridge uses the more congested 2.4GHz frequency only.
Gotcha- I would thing 5.8ghz more likely (they would need specific licensing for 5.7) and it's probably all based on the wifibroadcast protocol- I thought you may have been alluding to them using multiple channels to increase bandwidth.

Gotcha- I would thing 5.8ghz more likely (they would need specific licensing for 5.7) and it's probably all based on the wifibroadcast protocol- I thought you may have been alluding to them using multiple channels to increase bandwidth.
Precisely, 5.8GHz. Typo corrected.

Last edited:
  • The P4P is using a somewhat simplified version, called LightBridge 1.5, which while being a dual-frequency system, is only capable of transferring at max 720p.
  • The P4 (and the P3A and P3P) use the much simpler LightBridge 1, which is a single-frequency 720p system.

Thank you for your answer! I have another question, in terms of transmission, which one is better? DJI says that phantom 4 has 5 Kms range and mavic pro has 7 kms range, this is because lightbridge or OcuSync?

Imagine providing 3 sets of goggle to your friends so they can watch your flight real time, all at the same time. And those 3 people don't have to be physically connected to anything. They can be 100' away from the pilot, anywhere in range of the Mavic that the goggles are linked to, and that's quite a distance. I expect the goggles to be announced available at NAB this month.

What's really interesting to me is what DJI demonstrated at CES in January. It's an Ocu-Sync video receiver called RoboMaster. This isn't something they were promoting, and I don't know if DJI will ever sell it, but they used this device inside the flight cage at CES to put the Mavic video on a bigscreen in 1080 resolution. If DJI sells it, this device would provide a powerful capability someday. It's powered by an AC wall plug, but it receives video direct from a linked Mavic, wirelessly. Robomaster then decodes the video and feeds a TV display via HDMI. This works totally separate from the RC, no physical connection to the RC. So this allows scenarios to allow a group of people to view a big display while the pilot is a block away flying the Mavic. This could really open the door on a variety of applications like search and rescue, swat aerial vision, covering events like sail boat racing, desert racing, motocross racing, mountain bike racing, parties, etc. Keep in mind, no other drone can do this without a physical connection the RC, quite unique.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl