Nvidia Shield K1 tablet with P3P/A

Thanks for the comments. My shield K1 worked so well with my Pro that I was sure that was not the problem. Of course, DJI tech support is trained to jump on the first easy out they can find. But I was able to get by that and it is on the way back to them. The one thing that I did not try was to revert the controller back to the previous version. That could have helped immensely but hindsight is great as always. I intend to replace it with another Advanced so we will see. That was my first experience with the refurb unit. I usually have good luck refurb units but now I am not sure if I want to try it again. If they come back and tell me that there was nothing wrong with that unit, the first assumption would have to be the RC. Both RC units that I used had v1.8.0 , so they could have both been causing the issue. I will have to search for the older version and keep it in one of the RC just in case the next one does the same thing.
As for the Windsurfers, I have a pair that I used on the Pro and I really didn't see much difference.. In this instance, control range was not the issue. If I flew using the map display, I could fly successfully way outside the video range. But I don't like to do that..
So now I wait for DJI to accept the return and then ship another one.
Happy flying

Maybe you should have went with a new Mavic instead. Hopefully they wont switch out the numbers on the same aircraft making you think you got a different aircraft.

Excellent link. Thanks

I've been reading all the posts and didn't want to hijack the original post but I sure could use some Nvidia Shield K1 help.
I just bought a new Nvidia Shield K1. When I try to use it with my P4 the Camera Page of the Remote Control covers the whole Nvidia screen. How do you see the basic controls such as the go back or to browse the K1? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jim Larsen

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will guess you're new to androids? If you slide your finger from the bottom up, you should see a little triangle, circle and square. Tapping the triangle [go back] once will go back. Tapping it twice quickly will exit the program. Tapping the square will allow you to scroll through recently used programs without exiting your program. Tapping the circle will allow you to use your android from the start screen without exiting your program.

Hope this helps.

I had a problem with bad lag on the tablet but the hdmi output didn't have any lag so I also suspect the problem was your P3. I changed the usb cable to the Ipad mini2 and that seems to have taken care of the lag problem for me.

Hi Mark, I've been using Android since it first became available but my new K1 DJI Camera View covers where I normally find the triangle, circle, and square. I first tried my K1 yesterday and wound up having to use my Note 4 to set up and upgrade my RC. I thought that there was a special way to get the triangle to show while I have the DJI Camera View filling the complete screen. I'll try to get it to work again today. On most other Apps the App leaves just enough room at the bottom of the screen to see the triangle and circle. If my problem makes sense to others please point me in the right direction.

Mark, I've got my P4 working fine now. Before you posted about swiping up from the bottom I went into the Setup and changed some Display Options. Then by chance I wiped a hair off of the screen with an upwards motion and the triangle appeared. All is well now. I still have a lot to learn about my P4 and my new K1. Thanks!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka