NOTAM 0/8326

Here is a link to the NOTAM: http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_8326.html

Here is a subquote:

THE FOLLOWING OPERATIONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED WITHIN THE DC FRZ: FLIGHT TRAINING, AEROBATIC FLIGHT, PRACTICE INSTRUMENT APPROACHES, GLIDER OPERATIONS, PARACHUTE OPERATIONS, ULTRA LIGHT, HANG GLIDING, BALLOON OPERATIONS, TETHERED BALLOONS, AGRICULTURE/CROP DUSTING, ANIMAL POPULATION CONTROL FLIGHT OPERATIONS, BANNER TOWING OPERATIONS, MAINTENANCE TEST FLIGHTS, MODEL AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS, MODEL ROCKETRY, FLOAT PLANE OPERATIONS, UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS) AND AIRCRAFT/HELICOPTERS OPERATING FROM A SHIP OR PRIVATE/CORPORATE YACHT.

I'm confused... Are you Wyatt Earp or Doc Holiday? :D

I was just reading this separately (Google has this thread on the first page for 'NOTAM 0/8326'; I was just about to make my own). I'm curious how strict this is, especially given DJI's work on the subject. Where I live, I hit a ceiling at 180ft. I can't imagine that's high enough for anyone to care (but granted I am also on the relative outskirts of the entire TFR - I'd imagine flying around DC at any appreciable altitude would be questioned quite readily).

I know at least one other person is nearby; curious if there are other Phantom pilots in the MD/VA area that still fly, or have ever had any problems with federal law enforcement over it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72