NO SIGNAL woes

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased my Phantom Pro late last year, but with the weather being.. British.. aside from a few test flights whenever the sun was shining, it's been mostly sat in its box waiting for the springtime.

So, taken her out of the box yesterday for the first time in months as we're currently staying in a hotel in a really beautiful coastal area, but found I'm getting "NO SIGNAL" on the DJI app on android. She flies fine, but I get no picture preview at all.

It's not that she's restricted to a certain distance - the no signal appears from the moment I start things up.

I figured it's because I haven't updated the firmware at all since I bought her, and maybe the mobile app updated itself to an incompatible version? So I've upgraded the firmware on controller and the bird, and updated the DJI app, but still the same issue.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any suggestions?

Did you calibrate the R/C and A/C and IMU, by chance? If so then we know there is some type of communication. If not, why not?

I have had the same issue .After 2 min of flight signal lost.I got a replacement from the resseler.DJI help said it is faulty.

Are you missing both the signals between RC and aircraft?

Hi everyone,

I purchased my Phantom Pro late last year, but with the weather being.. British.. aside from a few test flights whenever the sun was shining, it's been mostly sat in its box waiting for the springtime.

So, taken her out of the box yesterday for the first time in months as we're currently staying in a hotel in a really beautiful coastal area, but found I'm getting "NO SIGNAL" on the DJI app on android. She flies fine, but I get no picture preview at all.

It's not that she's restricted to a certain distance - the no signal appears from the moment I start things up.

I figured it's because I haven't updated the firmware at all since I bought her, and maybe the mobile app updated itself to an incompatible version? So I've upgraded the firmware on controller and the bird, and updated the DJI app, but still the same issue.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any suggestions?

I just bought a new P3P. Had the exact same issue. No signal or picture on my iPad. Updated to the latest firmware. Problem solved immediately.

If you're using an iPad double click the home button to where you can swipe the Go app closing it completely. Then tap the Go app for a fresh restart and load of the app.

When you updated the firmware did the txt file on the SD card say..."success"?

Last edited:
Ok, home now, so a few updates:

Regarding upgrading - it was a total nightmare. It took me multiple attempts, but it DID finally say success. Everything was full up to date.

I've tried reinstalling the DJI GO app, and I've even tried it on my other phone so I know I can rule out any mobile app issues.

From what I can tell, everything seems "fine", but still no image being displayed on the app, and still getting the big red "No Signal".

I'm stumped, and admittedly quite disappointed. Time to contact DJI?

Having poked around in the drones hidden files, I found this:

[00028844][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00041885][08 00][00] device not detected.

A bit of a googling suggests that it's time to call DJI. Surprised at how many of these issues I've seen while browsing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl