No power to gimbal

Reaction score
I bought a used P2+ I knew camera was not working, but was hoping I would still have connection to ipad there is no light on the base of gimbal. What is the part that actually communicates to app on the ipad to give you the telemetry. Is it the wifi card inside of the phantom that could be bad?

If the camera isnt working, dont get it. trust me, if the gimbal isnt working then the camera isnt working, and a P3s will give you better range and a better camera and more features
also, if the gimbal isnt working but the camera is then it will get thrown around in flight and will probably get damaged or broken even if it does connect

Sorry for the confusion .Lets forget the camera. I'm wanting to connect to the ground station to tell me which direction I am traveling etc. I am not able to connect to the app that gives you all the other info I assume you should still be able to even if you take the gimbal and camera off.

To be clear - if there is no power or lights on the gimbal board then there will be no power to the wifi module. The wifi module needs to be on to send telemetry data (bat/sat/alt/radar etc).
However, if you know how to take the top off, you can redirect 1 cable to get power to the module. You will need an android device if you want to continue using the Vision app. If you have IOS, then you will need a third party app to get telemetry.
Here is the link (you only need to do half the hack - no need to install H33D or gopro).
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl