No indicator light on gimbal

Reaction score
hey I have a crashed phantom 3 4K camera I get no indicator light at all on the gimbal no power to it, doesn’t do its thing when powering on, I have another working camera and it works just fine I’m just trying to see what it could be my thought are the main board in the camera? I’ve used the same cables and one works one doesn’t any other thought can be it a ribbon cable ? In app says no gimbal detected and no signal transmission error or something along those lines , the yaw arm is pretty bent but everything on the main board looks undamaged

Did you find a solution? I just bought a crashed phantom 2 adv and replaced both gimbal arms and the ribbon cable . no power to it at all ??

On Ph3 Std and 4k, the camera diode in on Gimbal Top Board while the chip which controls the diode - Ambarella - is near the sensor, in moving part of the drone.

This means that no light can actually mean a lot of different issues, with both electronics and with mechanical parts.
Most common one would probably be damaged Flat Film Cable.

In case in Ph3 Pro and Adv, the situation is different - everything required to control the LED is on Gimbal Top Board, so no light usually means damaged electronics.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl