No Gimbal Connection

Reaction score
Hi All,

Really new to this so bear with me....
The last time I flew the drone, in mid-flight the picture on my iPhone 7 from the camera went blank and I received an error message stating, "No Gimbal Connection" or something similar. It was within sight so I RTH and didn't think too much of it. Today I tried to fly and while setting it up and turning everything on I got the same message and again, no picture. The display will show the GPS picture but not the camera.

As I am really new to this I'm assuming I am doing something wrong (Pilot Error) but can't figure it out. I know when I do I'm going to feel really stupid but....what the hell.

Thanks for any assistance.
Shawn

Lots of people having this issue with the latest app update, but it seemed to be Android only.

NOLA Boater, are you using an Apple cable or one that came with your drone? I had that happen to me with my P4 when using a connector came with my drone kit. When I switched cables-back to an apple cable- all was well, I could see everything.

IOS as well. Message does not affect camera function though, except tilt wheel does not work.

Yeah, I just saw some posts on facebook. I haven't flown in a week, I'll have to check mine as I know my app updated.

OK. Sorry for the delayed response. I was on business travel and the drone was home. Fired everything up today and took a screen shot of the display.
IMG_0543.PNG

the last time I flew I lost the picture from the camera and got the "Aircraft Disconnected" message halfway through the flight. Just ended the flight and didn't think too much about it. Tried to fly last Sunday and could not get a picture from the camera and had the message above. Today, I got a picture but still the message.

Could there be a cable loose inside the drone? I bought this used and have only had it for about 6 weeks and only flown 3 times. All other flights worked fine until the afore mentioned last flight. Thanks for any help guys.

Shawn

So....anybody? As shown in the screenshot can anyone tell me how I get the Aircraft RE-connected?

Thanks

NOLA Boater, are you using an Apple cable or one that came with your drone? I had that happen to me with my P4 when using a connector came with my drone kit. When I switched cables-back to an apple cable- all was well, I could see everything.
Cables for what? There are no cables connected during flight.

I'm looking for some more stuff that might help you out, I'll be back.
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Hum, not really finding what I was looking for.
Here are some questions.

Status light on the remote, must be green or you would have said it was red.
Same question on the link light bottom of the Phantom.

Green flashing lights on back of Phantom, yellow or other?

Can you move the gimbal with remote and the app, take pictures?

What is the light doing on the gimbal? Red? Solid of flashing?

From the gimbal the WiFi signal that is sent to the remote (data telemetry) is on a channel, the live video is on another channel.
This WiFi signal is not the same as your mobile being connected to the remote.

In the past if the gimbal was disconnected, they could still fly, the app of coarse would have no function.
If they needed to link a remote to the Phantom, this was not possible.

If the gimbal was functioning but no camera, you would have telemetry but of coarse no live feed.

So you must have a connection problem. :rolleyes:

I guess the data must go through the gimbal?

Anybody got anything to add or subtract?

Were Waiting. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Oso
Hum, not really finding what I was looking for.
Here are some questions.

Status light on the remote, must be green or you would have said it was red.
Same question on the link light bottom of the Phantom.

Green flashing lights on back of Phantom, yellow or other?

Can you move the gimbal with remote and the app, take pictures?

What is the light doing on the gimbal? Red? Solid of flashing?

From the gimbal the WiFi signal that is sent to the remote (data telemetry) is on a channel, the live video is on another channel.
This WiFi signal is not the same as your mobile being connected to the remote.

In the past if the gimbal was disconnected, they could still fly, the app of coarse would have no function.
If they needed to link a remote to the Phantom, this was not possible.

If the gimbal was functioning but no camera, you would have telemetry but of coarse no live feed.

So you must have a connection problem. :rolleyes:

I guess the data must go through the gimbal?

Anybody got anything to add or subtract?

Were Waiting. ;)

Rod

Now I feel really embarrassed. I may have had the S! switch on the Controller in the wrong position. I re-read the manual and watched a couple of videos, made sure everything was on properly and was reading your message when everything came on as it was supposed to. Could that be all it was?

I knew I was going to feel stupid when I solved this. Thanks to all that tried to help this old guy play with his toys.

Shawn

So maybe I spoke too soon. Took it outside and everything powered up normally with all correct green lights and GPS Enabled. Flew a short flight, landed normally and while the motors were in idle I walked to the aircraft and got the "Aircraft Disconnected" message again. Turned everything off and repowered and everything is now working well again.

Was I too close to the aircraft with the remote creating an "out of position" condition causing the aircraft and remote to lose the connection?

Wow, I never heard of being to close, except on this thread
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...
@HappyStandardOwner. posted I think on this thread about getting to close to the Phantom its not related to receiving signal it was sending to the Phantom.

Switches wouldn't be a factor.

I think you got something intermittent a chip or cable.

Make some notes on temperature, does it work at first when its cold, etc.

@Oso was just online, will send him a page. ;)

Rod

@Oso was just online, will send him a page. ;)
I'm not a P3S authority, so I don't have much to add really other than what is already noted here in the thread or in a search:
Search Results for Query: aircraft disconnected | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

A few common solutions I noted in the search threads:
The antenna was not oriented correctly.
An app reinstall was needed (sync flights first!).
Needed to "forget" the RC wifi network on the mobile device and then create it again.
Make sure that the RC is not trying to connect to another device.
Local wifi interference too high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka