No Gimbal action after firmware update

Reaction score
I was afraid this would happen.

I have a P2 with the H3-3D gimbal. After installing the 3.08 upgrade and all the other ones, my gimbal is no longer functioning.

I'll bet I'm not the first to have this problem. Appreciate advice from anyone who knows how to fix it.

Thanks,

John Gaither

Explain further, not doing the start up dance (IMU initialization)? Ie: never moving.

Or doing the first initial movements, but will not tilt when using lever/or dial?

By "no longer functioning", do you mean that it stays level, but doesn't pitch up and down when you want it to?
If so, that's a control issue that's already covered in the P2V+ forum: the control is now relative instead of absolute, and the pitch control needs to be calibrated with the latest RC assistant.
(No, you can't undo the update.)

No. It is not responding to anything. Just hangs there like it isn't on - but clearly there is power to the camera.

Damon said:
Explain further, not doing the start up dance (IMU initialization)? Ie: never moving.

Or doing the first initial movements, but will not tilt when using lever/or dial?

Not doing the startup dance any longer.

First check and confirm gray cable is plugged in back of gimbal. Unplug and reseat just to eliminate bad connection.

Plug phantom into computer and run Phantom Assistant. Post a screen shot here of the update screen showing all your hardware and its current firmware.

You might have to do a factory reset depending on what is seen in updates page. I'll let you know once I see your screen shot.

How to Reset a H3-3D Gimbal when bricked or faile…: http://youtu.be/knVigBCbVzU

How to factory reset your DJI Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal: http://youtu.be/qoy_S6TNX4o

Screen shot is attached. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Assistant Page with Gimbal problem.JPG
    Assistant Page with Gimbal problem.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 527
Did you reset the gray cable to Zenmuse before this screen shot?

If so you are going to be forced to do the factory reset, since it is not seen in the list of equipment.

Watch the videos. Perform the task. Once it is seen in hardware you can then upgrade its firmware to a current version.

Notice mine has H3-3D IMU and yours does not.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417571953109.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1417571953109.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 477
OK !! That fixed it. Really appreciate your help. A shame this happens to start with and further shame on DJI that we have to depend on ourselves for these fixes when their own sites ought to have this information. Perhaps I looked in the wrong places on DJI, but I couldn't find one.

Again, many thanks for your expertise!!

John Gaither

We unfortunately are their beta testers, technical support, customer support and sales associates. All for free, that makes them smart and us a bunch of dumb a$$3$.

Glad to hear its up and running ;)

zinkracer said:
OK !! That fixed it. Really appreciate your help. A shame this happens to start with and further shame on DJI that we have to depend on ourselves for these fixes when their own sites ought to have this information. Perhaps I looked in the wrong places on DJI, but I couldn't find one.

Again, many thanks for your expertise!!

John Gaither
What fixed it? Your response may be a few messages below the one with the working vix.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl