No Fly Zone at Parker Municipal Airport Question

Reaction score
Im headed down to Parker AZ next month to film the Wakesurfing Worlds. It is held at Blue Water Marina Park which just happens to be less than a mile away from the airport :(

I've looked at Mapbox's map of no fly zones along with a bunch of DJI's list of No Fly Zones. The Parker Airport doesn't show up as a no fly zone (Fingers crossed) but I also noticed that Lake Havasu City doesn't show up either, which is good sized airport. . . Im skeptical whether these maps are accurate or not because each one is different from the other.

If anyone has had any experience flying in either the Parker or Lake Havasu City Area or any advice on what to do here it is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Im headed down to Parker AZ next month to film the Wakesurfing Worlds. It is held at Blue Water Marina Park which just happens to be less than a mile away from the airport :(

I've looked at Mapbox's map of no fly zones along with a bunch of DJI's list of No Fly Zones. The Parker Airport doesn't show up as a no fly zone (Fingers crossed) but I also noticed that Lake Havasu City doesn't show up either, which is good sized airport. . . Im skeptical whether these maps are accurate or not because each one is different from the other.

If anyone has had any experience flying in either the Parker or Lake Havasu City Area or any advice on what to do here it is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
DJI's database is inaccurate. If you plan to fly just contact the airport operator:

Airport Operations
Airport use: Open to the public
Activation date: 04/1940
Sectional chart: PHOENIX
Control tower: no

Airport Ownership and Management from official FAA records

Ownership: Publicly-owned
Owner: COLORADO RIVER INDIAN TRIBES
RTE 1, BOX 23-B
PARKER, AZ 85344
Phone 928-669-2168

Manager: TED SWENDRA
28940 AIRPORT ROAD
PARKER, AZ 85344
Phone 928-669-2168

Thats great! Thanks so much LUISMARTINEZ!

My biggest concern with this is; Say I get permission and all is good, how do I fly if there is a No-Fly Zone in the DJI Pilot app?

Is there a way to override the app so that I could fly inside of the red circle if there is No Fly Zone?

Thanks again!

Thats great! Thanks so much LUISMARTINEZ!

My biggest concern with this is; Say I get permission and all is good, how do I fly if there is a No-Fly Zone in the DJI Pilot app?

Is there a way to override the app so that I could fly inside of the red circle if there is No Fly Zone?

Thanks again!
I have no idea. Sorry.

I'm reading the only way to over ride a No Fly Zone is to cover the dome of the aircraft with aluminum foil prior to start up, then fly in Atti Mode. With no GPS detected the software won't detect the NFZ.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the firmware reflects the dji.com site for NFZs. So if it doesn't show up on their map as an NFZ it won't physically affect your ability to fly. When I use the DJI site for NFZs, it only shows a 5 mile radius around the International airport. A regional airport only has about a 1 or 2 mile NFZ around it. But if I use that b4ufly app. Almost the entire city is under either an airport 5 mile zone or helipad zone.

Weather permitting, I'm going to test this by driving to the model airport this weekend which within the 3.5 miles of the regional airport and see if it flys.

First, because an airport is not listed bu DJI as a NFZ does not mean you are not responsible for following FAA regulations.

Going back, only larger airports were marked as NFZ by DJI (category A and B). These has altitude restrictions of 35' at 1.5 miles to 400' at 5 miles. If you were within 5 miles you saw a warning to his affect but you could fly.

No FLY Zones | DJI

Things are changing and in a bit of a transition. However, the Phantom should launch and fly near that airport. But again, you still need to follow FAA regulations regardless of what DJI marks as a NFZ.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl