Night flying

Now that is cool. How do you set up a time lapse?

Very simple but time-consuming, the key is making sure it is not too windy.
Set a flight path for your drone, it could be straight or POI. Then set your camera to automatically take pictures every few seconds(you can record instead of course).

The reason why I say take pictures is because:
  • it uses less storage
  • works better for low light scenes
The real work is in post production where you gather the pictures up, I like to use GoPro studio to create the lapse with pictures. If you did video then of course all you have to do is speed up the footage.

I will do a few more with some cooler scenery.

Reactions: makuch73
If I recall, my settings were, ISO: 100, A: 4 or 5.6, and Shutter, long enough to capture something, but short enough to not streak headlights,etc. I used the histogram to judge and shot raw.

Attachments

• NashDT3.jpg
    NashDT3.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 309
If I recall, my settings were, ISO: 100, A: 4 or 5.6, and Shutter, long enough to capture something, but short enough to not streak headlights,etc. I used the histogram to judge and shot raw.

I love the colors.
Nice job.

Reactions: Newbieguy
just wondering are you guys part 107? thought it was against the law to fly at night unless you all have waivers. I'm not having a ago I'm just curious

Apparently night flying perfection is achievable, but you'll need to upgrade.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Hi thanks for link , yes those front cree torchs only 97lumens but seem to extremly bright,have had alsorts of lights and bells and whistles on me p4 ,i like the lume cubes ,may get bit pricey for me ,some shipping costs more than what i purchase,,due to weather i not test me new ones yet, itchi feet from no flying

Ebay might be a bit cheaper, especially if your down under

LUME CUBE LIGHTING KIT FOR DJI PHANTOM 4 – 2 x LIGHTS and 2 X MOUNTS | eBay

Given they are 1500 lumens, maybe you can get away with one

Last edited:
I didn't get to go out. It started raining. I waited till about 2 am but I fell asleep. Hopefully I'll be able to Get out tonight.

But I played with the settings inside last night and was able to get a few shots with a flashlight and I finally understand the settings. So I'm ready to get out there!

Reactions: makuch73
View attachment 89141 View attachment 89140 Fly at night quite a bit myself. And I must say that the camera is a little better than just OK for what it does especially at night. Sensor is much better in low light than the P4 or the Mavic! If you learn to keep your ISO almost all the way down you'll get really good low noise results. Plus try not shoot wide open at F 2.8 too. Try F 4 or smaller. It will keep highlites from blurring and blowing out fuzzy!

Fantastic shots. What permits, authorizations or waivers did you have to get?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures