Newest Member to the cracked shell club :(

Some members in this forum are reporting stress cracks on the new shells. One guy has sent his to DJI 3 times for the same issue.

I just sent mine in for the fourth time. I had 222 flights before the first cracks appeared. Since I have had 8 flights, 18 flights, and 11 flights when cracks appeared. Pieces of plastic have fallen out, the shells separated, and the gimbal was returned to me with a warped bottom plate.

My biggest frustration, though, is I can't get DJI to recognize that this situation is an on-going problem that they need to rectify. The last two times they promised to expedite and escalate, but if anything, the service was slower.

Reactions: Mike Drone7
They will just keep replacing them with the same crap. Why? Because probably only about 5-10% of people even notice the cracks and send them back. They only have to replace those for 1 year, then you are S.O.L. and they are free of the burden of redesigning the shell.

Reactions: ElGuapo
They will just keep replacing them with the same crap. Why? Because probably only about 5-10% of people even notice the cracks and send them back. They only have to replace those for 1 year, then you are S.O.L. and they are free of the burden of redesigning the shell.

I just gave you a like.. well said.

Why? Because probably only about 5-10% of people even notice the cracks and send them back. They only have to replace those for 1 year, then you are S.O.L. and they are free of the burden of redesigning the shell.

that's something an attorneys letter might help with..

In other products, a car for example, this would be considered a lemon

i too have sent mine in twice already
I will lose my mind next time it happens and demand something or another

This is a clear example where the lemon law would apply. Make them buy their own drone back.

This is the reason I bought an Autel as a second drone. Their customer service is very good and the build quality of the aircraft is amazing. Doesn't feel like the shell is cheap or flimsy.
I have pretty much abused that drone, not cracks.

P3P purchased 3 months ago.
117 flights
267 km flown.
26 hrs. of flight time.

Prior to loading the bird up into the case today, I did my routine once over check of the bird.

Low and behold three of the birds arms have cracks on the bottom, around the motor screws.
I saw no such cracks before the last set of four flights. Last flights where routine albeit a bit windy at 4 m/s, and I was doing easy going long distance flights filming the river valley.

The gimbal has not worked correctly since day one (changing crooked horizon) so I guess now I have to send it in for repairs. But I'm flying it until it gets cold which could be any day now, so I hope it holds together! I think I'll stay over land though lol

Any suggestions or words of wisdom on how best to deal with DJI regarding fixing the two issues at once?
Cloud City Drones in Rhode Island. DJi certified repair shop. They did great work for me.

Cloud City Drones in Rhode Island. DJi certified repair shop. They did great work for me.

I am sure they do.

Bottom line is to make DJI accountable for the warranty on their products. They have to have a commitment to customer service, not just sell a product and treat customers that they are on their own.

I am sure they do.

Bottom line is to make DJI accountable for the warranty on their products. They have to have a commitment to customer service, not just sell a product and treat customers that they are on their own.

AGREE WITH YOU 100% EIGUAPO !

Flying season in our neck of the woods will pretty much be over for the year in 2 weeks so I'll send mine in then.
I'm taking pictures of my P3P before each flight now as one motors is flexing due to the cracks and may decide it wants to depart the aircraft :(

Glad I bought my P3P with a Credit Card that double's the warranty period! I have NO faith that DJI will fix the problem either. Didn't one fellow say he was on his 7th shell, under his warranty period!

I tried making demands after incident three and four. There is just no getting through to DJI customer service and no way to escalate things. I cannot understand why they don't link my problems together and look for the source or replace the Phantom outright.

In fact, after incident three, they offered to send me an RMA # and shipping label. I told them that this was the third incident, and they needed to find a way to make it right. The response I got was that since I did not agree with their suggestion to send it in, they would not be able to send the RMA and shipping label. I asked if they were refusing to fix it, they said no and they sent the label. To me it was clear that they were telling me that the conversation was over and I was getting no help other than to send it in to them again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20