Newbie installing and updating software

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Although I have a fixed wing private pilots licence, I am new to drones, and eagerly unpacked by new Phantom 4 which arrived this afternoon, and I am treading carefully. Apologies if any of my questions are somewhat basic, but there seems to have been some issues regarding the DJI software.

I am running Mac OSX El-Capitain and an iPhone 6 at moment, will probably get an iPad soon.

I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 version 1.0.4 and installed onto my Mac. When I run this with the P4 connected I am getting a warning message" Driver not installed. Use installation package to install driver first".

I am not sure what it is asking me to do. There is a downloaded called Driver, but when I installed an ran this, it seem to relate to being able to use Android USB on a Mac.

Can someone advise me what I should be doing please.

Thanks

The DJI Assistant software is mainly used for calibrating the front and bottom sensors of your Phantom (it provides other functionality as well). If you are going to be updating the firmware of your Phantom and RC than you should do that through the DJI Go App which you download from the App Store. Most people (not all) do not have success using the Assistant program to update firmware and it is advised to do so through the Go App.

When you set up your Phantom and open the Go App on your iPhone 6 it will advise you if you need to update the firmware, you may not need to if you have a brand new Phantom.

Use the Go App to do an IMU and Compass calibration and adjust your settings and you should be good to fly.

I know I did not address your Mac issue but I have no knowledge of Macs.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel