Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Thomas Raker

The P4 is my first drone purchase. My company purchased an Inspire and has upgraded it to the tune of about 7500$. It's a great bird to fly but by far I think the P4 has a lot more features that are beneficial for the work I do. Range is not one of the biggest requirements for me but the P4 has plenty of range for the flying I do. I've been able to fly farther with the P4 than the inspire. The only problem I've encountered is with my Samsung tablet. Fixed that by purchasing an IPAD Air. Works great.

MP4W likes this.
  2. longdog

3. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello [​IMG]

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

What type of work do you do if you don't mind me asking?

The Phantom series is a rock solid platform and yes it has many MANY valuable features built into it from the factory. What I like is (well I'm still flying a P3P) is the ability to utilize 3rd party ap to greatly add to the feature list.

Good luck and SAFE flights.

4. alokbhargava

Good luck on your adventures

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

5. Sky Pirate

Welcome aboard Captain

6. Thomas Raker

Big al07, I work as a pipeline safety coordinator.

BigAl07 likes this.
  7. Thomas Raker

Thanks to all the welcomes. I have been flying remote aircraft for 20 plus years. I recently started flying electric, and although I still like to fly nitro I have found electric to be as enjoyable.

BigAl07 likes this.
  8. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

It took me a while to "warm up" to electric flight. Once you get that smell of Nitro in your veins it is hard to get out. I was a 1/3 owner in a company that made Gasoline R/C engines for a few years and even during that time the smell of fresh Nitro always made me smile (it still does today). But once I finally gave in and flew a modern electric (I tried back when NiCads first came out... too heavy... not enough Ummmph and didn't last long enough) I was hooked. I ended up selling all of my Internal Combustion equipment (including all the cleaning supplies LOL) and never looked back.

9. Thomas Raker

I bought my first electric last year. I know own over 20 plus electrics. I've acquired so many that I had to go buy a 8x20 enclosed trailer to house them all. I also have my gasoline and nitro aircraft with me. I have also started flying electric helicopters. The P4 is the newest edition and I have to say it is definitely a great addition. We have several areas that are hard to access after a good rain that have to be inspected. This is a lot easier now.