New RC unit, can't pair with P3S

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I posted a few weeks ago about what type of RC unit to get and people were very helpful about letting me know what I needed. Got a new unit a few weeks ago but I just can't get the drone, controller and phone to all link up...

I've followed the instructions in the app, and when I go to equipment and then into camera it just says disconnected, and when I go to confirm frequencies again, nothing happens. I've googled and googled but nothing seems to work...

Have a Phantom 3 Standard and using a Google Pixel XL phone, wondering if it's too new a phone? Can connect to the RC unit's WiFi, but the controller doesn't seem to pair to the drone...

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Hi Guys,

I posted a few weeks ago about what type of RC unit to get and people were very helpful about letting me know what I needed. Got a new unit a few weeks ago but I just can't get the drone, controller and phone to all link up...

I've followed the instructions in the app, and when I go to equipment and then into camera it just says disconnected, and when I go to confirm frequencies again, nothing happens. I've googled and googled but nothing seems to work...

Have a Phantom 3 Standard and using a Google Pixel XL phone, wondering if it's too new a phone? Can connect to the RC unit's WiFi, but the controller doesn't seem to pair to the drone...

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Connecting between RC to drone has nothing to do with what mobile (i.e. Google Pixel XL ) you are using so lets forget about this for now.

When you turn on the RC and drone do you ever get a green (connected) indicator LED on the RC? If not, try linking the RC and drone using the RC's gimbal dial and S2 switch method. See Method 2 (1:18) of this youtube video.
If the indicator light turns green the RC and drone are connected.

I recently purchased a new RC and had similar problem you described. Even after linking the two, the RC would not controller the drone. I solved my problem by downloading the current FW and copying it onto the drone SD. Once I restarted the rc/drone I got an update message and voila..... RC and drone connected, drone responded to RC commands, mobile connected to RC wifi and everthing worked as expected.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94