New pilot, quick question

Reaction score
Hi, so this past weekend I bought my buddy's Phantom 2. It came with a bunch of stuff including a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal, GoPro 3 Black, and a FPV system with a Black Pearl receiver (generic transmitter installed). There were also many yet to be installed parts like an iOSD mini, an Immersion 600mw transmitter, some Fat Shark Spironet antennas, and a new remote.

I installed the iOSD and Immersion 600mw receiver and Fat Shark antennas and I have them running fine (still fine tuning some static out of the display at 400-500m which is as far as I have flown it).

Today I noticed that my video feed doesn't exactly fit on the Black Pearl screen. About half of the battery icon in the upper right is cut off. It seems as if the screen is zoomed in just a bit too far. I've been thru all the menus on the GoPro and monitor and can't seem to make it fit, but plenty of Youtube videos do not show the issue I'm having.

Gratuitous shot of my apartments from 250m.

Attachments

• MT4.jpg
    MT4.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 370
I think you have the same issue I had with mine, just installed all of the same equipment last week. Here's what I did:

Connected the iOSD mini to my computer and ran the iOSD software. If you don't have it you can download it from DJI. I noticed that in one of the options was to zoom back on the display. I am SO sorry I don't know exactly what the choice was called, and my iOSD is inside my Phantom, so it's not too easy to hook it up and check.

But I would try that to see if it works...

Thanks, I will try that. I also installed mine inside for a cleaner look so I will probably wait until I get a new shell. I've been looking at some hydro dipped shells and want to get orange carbon fiber look with blue legs and add dark blue stripes (Auburn fan). Thanks for the input!

Thanks, I will try that. I also installed mine inside for a cleaner look so I will probably wait until I get a new shell. I've been looking at some hydro dipped shells and want to get orange carbon fiber look with blue legs and add dark blue stripes (Auburn fan). Thanks for the input!

That should look sharp! Make sure to take pics and post them...

Well, got home from work and figured since I haven't even ordered the new shell yet, I don't want to wait that long to fix this issue. Popped open the Phantom and updated the iOSD. Everything fits on the screen now like it was meant to. I also went thru the GoPro and turned off the OSD for that so now the picture is nice and clean with just the iOSD info showing up and fitting perfectly. Ready to go to 1km!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl