New Pilot...need some help

Reaction score
Hello,

Forgive me as this is my first foray into the UAV realm and I'm a complete newb.

I got an FC40 and I've checked and re checked everything from props > software > IMU > calibration and I just can't get a clean flight.

The moment I get it off the ground smoothly and want the GPS to take over for a hoover it goes into a massive death wobble and just comes down.

Any thoughts or some help would be completely welcome as I haven't been able to enjoy a nice flying time to get acquainted with RC flying.

Thanks

kevnob said:
Hello,

Forgive me as this is my first foray into the UAV realm and I'm a complete newb.

I got an FC40 and I've checked and re checked everything from props > software > IMU > calibration and I just can't get a clean flight.

The moment I get it off the ground smoothly and want the GPS to take over for a hoover it goes into a massive death wobble and just comes down.

Any thoughts or some help would be completely welcome as I haven't been able to enjoy a nice flying time to get acquainted with RC flying.

Thanks

Are you doing the Compass Calibration ? Keep away from metal surfaces, or any interference signals in open field.
Phantom locks satellites fine (Just Green lights before take off) ?

kevnob said:
I did the calibration but before take off I get one green light then 4 red.... ?

Oppss, thats bad. Your phantom is not getting enough satellites (+6)
Before take off you must wait for 1 GREEN only or 1 GREEN and just 1 RED. Then phantom will blink 20 GREEN blinks. thats the moment for take off.

jumanoc said:
kevnob said:
I did the calibration but before take off I get one green light then 4 red.... ?

Before take off you must wait for 1 GREEN only or 1 GREEN and just 1 RED. Then phantom will blink 20 GREEN blinks. thats the moment for take off.

Well dang! that REALLY helps.. Thanks!

How long does that usually take ? I was in a really open field

kevnob said:
jumanoc said:
kevnob said:

Well dang! that REALLY helps.. Thanks!

How long does that usually take ? I was in a really open field

First flight around 2-3 minutes. Second battery and so... just a few seconds....

Awesome - any ideas on how long I should wait in the off chance they don't change? GPS broken in that case?

kevnob said:
Awesome - any ideas on how long I should wait in the off chance they don't change? GPS broken in that case?

Before a conclusion, try over another place / take off surface. Some people reported as long as 4-5 minutes in first flight. Longer than that, may be a GPS or wire loose issue. Double check correct connections (uhg... have to opn the shell to look inside)
Also use satellite checker app in your phone for validat how may satts on your place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl