New iPad Pro 10.5"

Reaction score
Wonder if the new ipad pro 10.5" and will fit in the dji phantom controller. Looking at the specifications it's just 5mm wider as larger screen mainly takes up some original bezel.

Hopefully, we can squeeze the new ipad into the grip.....

If you decide to fly with that flashy new toy you will probably want to put him in a nice case so no scratchy breaky if dropped. You will almost certainly need a device holder extension then. No dramas- you can make one yourself with a bit of repurposed coat hanger wire.

like this....

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,475
  • IMG_1527.JPG
    IMG_1527.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,348
Reactions: Loz and DazzauksDad
Here's another.
IMG_9126.JPG IMG_9125.JPG IMG_9124.JPG
They make 2 sizes. I only use a mini but the case wanted to
Keep slipping out so I added these to all 4 of mine.
The large one will hold the pro pad.

Reactions: Loz
Yes it will fit , I've been using the iPad prob since xmas with no problems at all , you will have to extent it to its max and a small bit of pressure and it grips nice and tight .

I'm guessing you don't have the new pro. It's 5mm wider.

I agree with allready mentioned idea of extension.

I have the previous iPad pro 9,7", and must say, that it fits in, but "naked" only - as soon as you put it in some cover/case, its becomes too big.

I use a 3D printed extension, cheap and works great: Haltewinkel Verlaengerungsteil - TOOGOO(R)Extender Haltetraeger Unterstuetzung Fuer 10"Ipad... Haltewinkel Verlaengerungsteil - TOOGOOExtender: Amazon.de: Elektronik...

Wonder if the new ipad pro 10.5" and will fit in the dji phantom controller. Looking at the specifications it's just 5mm wider as larger screen mainly takes up some original bezel.

I think YMMV - I've got the original 9.7" iPad Pro - and it JUST BARELY FITS, and it's VERY TIGHT. That extra 5mm may be simply too much. Depending on how wide the jaws open on your remote (I'm sure there's some variance - especially between models) - it MIGHT fit.

Like another poster suggested - I'd get an extension...

You can get extension at Amazon for about $5. I myself got it but using iPad mini 4 since it's perfect size and weight-wise. Beside App is not optimized for iPad Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka