New Flytrex drone "designed to deliver" awesome or worrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was also another account of a drone carrying contraband being flown into a prison yard and crashing.

That's crazy. I am wondering if some of these are cheap enough to be considered as 'disposable' and just send them on a one way trip... How unfortunate this is already happening.

That's crazy. I am wondering if some of these are cheap enough to be considered as 'disposable' and just send them on a one way trip... How unfortunate this is already happening.
If I'm a drug cartel, pretty sure anything Phantom meets the disposable criteria.

Well, I suppose it a hobby shop gets an order for 500 P3's, the writing is on the wall.

It's funny these can be considered disposable when I often joke that I have more than my first car in the air at any given point.

Keep LOS Manolo, you don't want to loose the yayo!

No me digas Tony, the FAA recommends that anyway.

Reactions: jlo
im in the UK and I hope they are not even offered for sale here.
Legislation means you can ONLY fly line of sight, which gets rid of their USP with one swoop.

Reactions: leekiya
I'm half tempted to start a petition requesting they don't release it.

At the best it'll hurt our hobby, at worse (and almost a case of when not if) it'll hurt someone...

"Quad flyers petition against the release of a quad" it should have some impact but only if the press get wind of it. Which could well backfire and again, hurt our hobby.

I have just watched simon newtons youtube video on this, i have watched hundreds of his videos over the years and i have never heard him stutter or sound so shocked by something yet, you can tell by the way he speaks he does not know what to make of it and is genuinely shocked. Like i am to be honest.

If I'm a drug cartel, pretty sure anything Phantom meets the disposable criteria.

And just imagine if they flew in a weapon... They've already tried in the UK and apparently South Carolina and Georgia. Those tower guards better be a really good shot. That said, anyone can destroy something created for good, i.e. a hobby, with a simple criminal desire or act. What a shame. I do not see this ending well.

I think we'll be seeing prisons retrofitted with some type of technology that will render useless any drone/quad within a certain distance of the prison walls.

Guess the taxpayers will be footing the bill, which will bring more scrutiny and pressure to regulate (read tax) our hobby.

Reactions: leekiya
Meanwhile, their marketing team decides to show the thing transporting a Heineken. If it wasn't June 22nd today, I'd think it was the 1st of April.
Their plan may be to kick this thing off in Europe. I certainly saw a lot of Heineken there a few months ago ....
They sell a lot of it in Asia too ....

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl