New features coming to the P4

If you turn off wifi and data with Litchi you'll have no maps or know where you were if you go down...also I found the RTH setting sais 0m and won't let me change it until data is on then up comes my previous setting of 100m
I use solely VR mode and yes GOApp must be uninstalled with my phone for litchi to work

Today was the day folks, the new firmware for the P4 was released and it has all the new features!! I updated today with no issues, did an IMU calibration (the process has changed), and am looking forward to trying out the new flight modes!!

DJI actually released new firmware for the P4. Here are the notes and the link to their post. The firmware DOES have the new flight modes, and login restrictions, but there is no mention as to whether the Tilted Horizon issue has been fixed, like it was for the P4P.

Overview

[*]Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106
[*]Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0
[*]DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3
[*]DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

What’s New

[*]Updated No Fly Zone Management.
[*]Added Gesture, Draw, Terrain Follow, and Tripod as Intelligent Flight Modes, as well as Trace and Profile sub-modes for ActiveTrack and a Free sub-mode for TapFly.
[*]Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing.
[*]For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
[*]Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
[*]If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
[*]Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
[*]Requires the DJI GO 4 app v4.1.0 or later, otherwise the flight will be restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m.

Keen ti find out from an owner if the headtracking for goggles has been reintroduced? Can't wait to get out and test my new modes :) A happy day.

Today was the day folks, the new firmware for the P4 was released and it has all the new features!!
What’s New
[*]Updated No Fly Zone Management.
[*]Added Gesture, Draw, Terrain Follow, and Tripod as Intelligent Flight Modes, as well as Trace and Profile sub-modes for ActiveTrack and a Free sub-mode for TapFly.
[*]Optimized Smart Return to Home, added Landing Protection, and Precision Landing.
[*]For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft..
When you test the "Optimized Smart Return to Home", you may find out that when the battery gets low, and you cancel out of auto RTH, after 10 second it comes back again, having to cancel out again, then again 10sec later, and again, and again. That's how the P4P is now, and it's really annoying. That's some optimization, eh? Let us know how it goes.

When you test the "Optimized Smart Return to Home", you may find out that when the battery gets low, and you cancel out of auto RTH, after 10 second it comes back again, having to cancel out again, then again 10sec later, and again, and again. That's how the P4P is now, and it's really annoying. That's some optimization, eh? Let us know how it goes.

Oh wow, in a crisis, when you are pushing the limits and can't wait for it to dawdle home, that could be really bad! No way to switch off?

Does anyone know if the retracing path thingy mijig on RTH is part of the 'optimised' update??

Keen ti find out from an owner if the headtracking for goggles has been reintroduced? Can't wait to get out and test my new modes :) A happy day.
Using P4 with DJI goggles via USB is poor today, the video clarity is really bad IMO, compared to HDMI. I don't understand why it's so bad because it's fine with an Ipad and android device, so it should be as good with the DJI goggles, you'd think. So maybe the new firmware and app will improve the clarity.

Oh wow, in a crisis, when you are pushing the limits and can't wait for it to dawdle home, that could be really bad! No way to switch off?

Does anyone know if the retracing path thingy mijig on RTH is part of the 'optimised' update??

Why would you think the retracing needs optimized? Is there something about your SMART RTH that doesn't work? Mine seems to work as advertised. It will retrace the previous path for 30 or 45 seconds until it connects with the radio again, then wait a while for you to retake command, otherwise it makes a beeline to home from there and RTH.

I think their "optimize RTH" statement is what I mentioned in a previous post. The Go4 app keeps bugging you to RTH if you aren't close enough to home for your given power level. You cannot simply cancel auto-RTH once because it keeps asking every 10 seconds after you cancel out. Very annoying and distracting.

The Go4 app keeps bugging you to RTH if you aren't close enough to home for your given power level. You cannot simply cancel auto-RTH once because it keeps asking you every 10 seconds after you cancel out. Very annoying and distracting.
Yes, that's why they simultaneously disabled the abilty to turn Smart RTH off. They mean business! It's not asking. It's telling you! If you don't take one hand off the sticks to click "No" to not return home every 10 seconds, it will RTH! A major distraction to safe flying! DJI is in charge. The PIC is not, any more! :eek:

However, this should do the trick:
"g_config_bat_config_level1_smart_battert_gohome":"15"
"g_config_bat_config_level2_smart_battert_land":"10" :p

Last edited:
Does anyone know or have any input on whether this latest firmware update strickly requires DJI GO 4 and renders Litchi useless with the new flight restrictions or will Litchi perform 100% as usual as long as GO 4 is not running in the background? I'm very hesitant to update as much as I have been looking forward to some of the added features.
If this topic has been answered/discussed I apologize in advance.

Just answered my own question.
Litchi works just fine after updating firmware.[emoji3]

Last edited:
a6c5d15f6235b15eb1f763d6966b9232.jpg

Does anyone know or have any input on whether this latest firmware update strickly requires DJI GO 4 and renders Litchi useless with the new flight restrictions or will Litchi perform 100% as usual as long as GO 4 is not running in the background? I'm very hesitant to update as much as I have been looking forward to some of the added features.
If this topic has been answered/discussed I apologize in advance.

Just answered my own question.
Litchi works just fine after updating firmware.[emoji3]
The removal of the Smart RTH toggle will interfere with all longer Litchi missions where Smart RTH decides you need to go home NOW, despite your carefully preplanned, safe mission! :rolleyes: It can no longer be turned off! It will also manually nag you every 10 seconds, if you postpone it, until you say "Uncle."

Reactions: uavflyr
The removal of the Smart RTH toggle will interfere with all longer Litchi missions where Smart RTH decides you need to go home NOW, despite your carefully preplanned, safe mission! :rolleyes: It can no longer be turned off! It will also manually nag you every 10 seconds, if you postpone it, until you say "Uncle."

Possible good news on that front, firstly, the toggle is still there on P4 even with the latest firmware and app, second it has been reported elsewhere that a current beta version has brought back the toggle for the P4P...

Possible good news on that front, firstly, the toggle is still there on P4 even with the latest firmware and app, second it has been reported elsewhere that a current beta version has brought back the toggle for the P4P...
I just upgrade and flew yesterday. I saw the option "Smart RTH" and left it unchecked. Is that correct.
Also being asked to up date geo mapping ( I think that is it), and also declining.

The toggle is controlled by the app, and was removed in an update to GO 4 subsequent to 4.0.0. I still have the toggle. However, since we now have access to control all the flight parameters in debug mode, its removal is a moot point! :cool:

I just upgrade and flew yesterday. I saw the option "Smart RTH" and left it unchecked. Is that correct.
Also being asked to up date geo mapping ( I think that is it), and also declining.
Depends upon your preference. I don't need DJI overriding when I decide to return home! I have flown with it OFF since the P3P. Beginners should leave it on, until they learn to monitor their own battery levels, range and remaining flight time.

The toggle is controlled by the app, and was removed in an update to GO 4 subsequent to 4.0.0. I still have the toggle. However, since we now have access to control all the flight parameters in debug mode, its removal is a moot point! :cool:

It was removed for the P4P only though, it is still there for all other aircraft, including the P4...

It was removed for the P4P only though, it is still there for all other aircraft, including the P4...
Interesting. I thought it was the update of the app that removed it, and that it would apply to any aircraft using GO 4. Maybe it will, in fact, be restored to the P4P, as has ben rumored, based upon the beta.

What is landing protection?

I fly off a "helipad" on a big camcorder tripod. usual I manually land but I tried letting RTH bring it right back planning on cancelling at the last second just to make sure I'm centred. After an 8km flight it can back and was only about 4 inches off the centre of the pad so I was going to let it land. It stopped on it's own 2 feet above, I'm guessing it saw the 4 foot height difference between the pad and ground and called it off because of a perceived incline?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart