New features coming to the P4

Two questions, had my P4 since May, have never set iPad to airplane mode(why would I need to?) Never any problems. Use Litchi only. What is "Tripod" mode? If it's a super slow yaw pan, great!! that's one issue I've had with all my Phantoms, each one I had to install a 20ohm pot with switch on the yaw stick to achieve this and it's not an easy job.

Tick Tock, tick tock.....more weeks go by without new firmware enabling these awesome features on our P4's. Here's hoping that the new DJI firmware comes out of beta soon!

Tick Tock, tick tock.....more weeks go by without new firmware enabling these awesome features on our P4's. Here's hoping that the new DJI firmware comes out of beta soon!

I'm still not convinced that we will get the new features with new firmware. DJI almost certainly intended to include gestures etc because the beta firmware had them. DJI then released a new DJI Go 4 App which showed the new features but that was quickly replaced with another version which removed them again (unless you still happened to be on the beta firmware). If DJI has indeed pulled the plug on the P4 then I wouldn't be surprised if they redact the new features code from the beta firmware before releasing it as a formal release. After all, if the P4 is pulled then they would also want to maximise the diferentiation between the P4 and the Mavic or P4 Pro.
I don't claim to have any inside information, I'm merely speculating and, perhaps, this is why the release is taking so long. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see those new features.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced that we will get the new features with new firmware. DJI almost certainly intended to include gestures etc because the beta firmware had them.....................I don't claim to have any inside information, I'm merely speculating and, perhaps, this is why the release is taking so long. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see those new features.

Maybe DJI found some bugs and they're fixing them before releasing it. Wouldn't that be nice?

We all complain that DJI doesn't test their software enough before releasing it, evident in software we've experienced in past releases. Now we're complaining because it's taking too long, possibly because they're optimising and fixing issues found during beta testing, which is my preferred process.
Let's be patient and have fun flying. Rejoice, Spring is here! (In the U.S.) Good times are soon upon us.

Reactions: Håkan22
Maybe DJI found some bugs and they're fixing them before releasing it. Wouldn't that be nice?

We all complain that DJI doesn't test their software enough before releasing it, evident in software we've experienced in past releases. Now we're complaining because it's taking too long, possibly because they're optimising and fixing issues found during beta testing, which is my preferred process.
Let's be patient and have fun flying. Rejoice, Spring is here! (In the U.S.) Good times are soon upon us.
They could at least say so. Communication keeps clients satisfied even when the situation isn't ideal. Silence and confusion only frustrates clients.

I don't lose any sleep over it. When I bought mine I wasn't expecting these features so it really is a bonus for P4 owners if and when it appears.

Two questions, had my P4 since May, have never set iPad to airplane mode(why would I need to?) Never any problems. Use Litchi only. What is "Tripod" mode? If it's a super slow yaw pan, great!! that's one issue I've had with all my Phantoms, each one I had to install a 20ohm pot with switch on the yaw stick to achieve this and it's not an easy job.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to adjust the stick sensitivity settings in the app?

I think I might make love to my P4.......

And as for you... just make sure to remove the propellers first.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to adjust the stick sensitivity settings in the app?
I'm not sure about everyone else, but minimizing the EXPO settings only helps a little to execute a slow yaw during hover (for example), but it certainly doesn't support doing a CONSISTENT slow yaw while in a hover. Even with a solid stick movement to 2% left yaw, the craft will speed up and slow down in the left yaw movement, which drives me nuts. It's believed the tripod mode will help more, but I'm not sure. The only way I can get absolute consistent slow yaw movement is with Litchi using a programmed flight.

Last edited:
2 more days until DJI's official announcement(s). What are the chances that they will release new P4 firmware that enables the P4P features on our P4's on that day as well?

2 more days until DJI's official announcement(s). What are the chances that they will release new P4 firmware that enables the P4P features on our P4's on that day as well?
Yes, I'll be at NAB this year. I get the feeling DJI will have a lot of announcements to talk about.

1. Spark (we know about this small drone)
2. P4A (we know about this release already)
3. OSMO with 1" sensor (rumor, using X4)
4. P4 firmware and app that includes P4P features (we know this is coming someday)
5. DJI goggles (wireless, up to 2 sets connected to Mavic)
6. Crystal Sky display (2000nit @ 7.85" size)
7. RoboMaster receiver (I wish)

Yes, I'll be at NAB this year. I get the feeling DJI will have a lot of announcements to talk about.

I'm looking very forward to seeing what gets announced as well. Have a great time!

I'm still waiting for the Anti Horizon Tilt feature :D

And a BIG AMEN to that as well....almost everyone would love to see that put to bed finally!

Reactions: uavflyr
Just FYI, some of us over on the DJI forum are trying to kick up enough fuss to get an official answer on what is going with this firmware update. Quite a few people have been left using beta firmware and DJI are blanking us. If you want to join in, feel free to send an email to the addresses below, requesting an official update on the P4 firmware. Viva la revolución

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 17.46.34.png

I'm not sure about everyone else, but minimizing the EXPO settings only helps a little to execute a slow yaw during hover (for example), but it certainly doesn't support doing a CONSISTENT slow yaw while in a hover. Even with a solid stick movement to 2% left yaw, the craft will speed up and slow down in the left yaw movement, which drives me nuts. It's believed the tripod mode will help more, but I'm not sure. The only way I can get absolute consistent slow yaw movement is with Litchi using a programmed flight.

Yep

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart